Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am new to this.

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:29 AM
  • 7 Replies

I am a little new to this, so I don't know if I am in the right group. I am feeling a little down right now and need a friend. My husband lost his job the first week of november.  I have struggled to give my kids a good Christmas and now that's over. I just have to figure out what to do next. My husband is still not working and spends money like crazy. I work a full time job. My lights will be getting cut off next week, and my cable tonight. I am so stressed. He will not help in the hosue and tells me I am worthless because my house is a mess. He sits at home all day and all night. I work nights 12 hour shifts. He thinks I should only sleep 4 hours then I have to get up I am too tired to do anything. I am dragging so bad. I clean and by the next morning it is distroyed. He doesnt do anything and just lets the kids run wild. I told him yesterday that I couldn't continue like this. He said he is sorry and will help then after I came to work. "Now its your worthless and I am not doing that why should I do it?. Your so lazy" I work 84  hours every two weeks I take care of everything. I have cried for hours tonight at work!! He keeps calling to tell me how bad of a mother and wife I am. Something has to give! I have two boys that are my life but I am so afraid they are going to see this and it worries me on how they will treat their wives when they are older.  When he is workign I have no problem with them at all my house is clean they do their homework are in bed on time. Since he has been home this short amount of time he cant ven get them to do their homework. I have to help them every morning when I get off work before school. He just doesnt want to do anything but sit on the couch and watch tv or movies or play video games.  Please tell me how I get up and fix this!  punching

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group and wow, I am so sorry that you are going through this. The first thing that comes to mind is that your husband is feeling down/out/low about being unemployed and unfortunately he is turning his feelings about it onto you. He sounds very mentally/emotionally abusive right now. Was he like this before he lost his job? Is he looking for employment? Are you willing to seek counseling? Is he?

I can't say much about getting him to help with the kids and around the house as I am in the same situation. When my husband is home he throws our kids schedule off, won't have our boys do homework, won't put them to bed, etc. So I know how you feel as far as that goes.

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree very well said

Quoting mumsy2three:

Welcome to the group and wow, I am so sorry that you are going through this. The first thing that comes to mind is that your husband is feeling down/out/low about being unemployed and unfortunately he is turning his feelings about it onto you. He sounds very mentally/emotionally abusive right now. Was he like this before he lost his job? Is he looking for employment? Are you willing to seek counseling? Is he?

I can't say much about getting him to help with the kids and around the house as I am in the same situation. When my husband is home he throws our kids schedule off, won't have our boys do homework, won't put them to bed, etc. So I know how you feel as far as that goes.

lalasmama2007
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I would seek counseling.

hugs

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs! This

Quoting lalasmama2007:

I would seek counseling.

hugs

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello and welcome.

I agree with this.

I hope things get better for you and your family.

Quoting lalasmama2007:

I would seek counseling.

hugs

momof2bb911
by on Jan. 11, 2015 at 1:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank You all so much. He was not like this before and Ihope things are better soon. He starts a job this week adn hopefully things will turn around!

lalasmama2007
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:25 PM

I hope things improve!  Keep us posted!

Quoting momof2bb911:

Thank You all so much. He was not like this before and Ihope things are better soon. He starts a job this week adn hopefully things will turn around!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)