• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not sure if I can keep this baby.......

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:18 AM
  • 11 Replies

I am 6 weeks pregnant with baby number 5. It was unplanned and I have so many health problems. I have never considered abortion but I  am scared to go through with this pregnancy. I have four young kids to take care of. Has anyone been in this situation?

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:31 AM
I have not been through this. I don't believe in abortion but here is a bump. Maybe some of these ladies will have some advice.
theboyfactory
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:37 AM
I don't know what your health situation is, but this is only a decision you can make.

Personally, even after just watching my newborn son die likely due to a health condition I had while pregnant, I couldn't have an abortion. I'd give anything to have him here with me.
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I am so sorry for your loss hugs.

Quoting theboyfactory: I don't know what your health situation is, but this is only a decision you can make.

Personally, even after just watching my newborn son die likely due to a health condition I had while pregnant, I couldn't have an abortion. I'd give anything to have him here with me.
mjimaging
by Melissa on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Unless my health lead to possible death, I don't think I could abort. A life created is worth keeping to me.
kajira
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I watched my son's twin die at 3 weeks old due to being born prematurely... there's no way I could ever consider an abortion.

I gave birth at 24 weeks.... that micropreemie baby is 8 months old now, 4 months adjusted, I couldn't picture what I would do with out him.

It was not an easy road, but he was worth keeping... they offered me a choice when I gave birth at 24 weeks, they were willing to let the babies die if I didn't want them to try to save them.

After his brother died, the dr's again, when faced with issues in the nicu, asked me repeatedly, if I wanted them to try to do everything they could to save his twin....

The minute I find out I'm pregnant, it's my baby. What you choose to do is a personal decision, but unless I was going to die, and baby was going to die, I couldn't do an abortion.

He theoretically shouldn't exist... but he does.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I have not been in your situation so I don't feel like I have any advice to give. I am curious though about what you doctor thinks as far as carrying the baby. Do they think you would be able to carry to term without harm to you or the baby? Are you in the high-risk category due to your health issues?
ShannyLouisiany
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:48 PM
If I were to become pregnant right now, I would not hesitate to terminate. If you legitimately feel that this pregnancy should not be, consider termination. Had I not miscarried in april, I would have aborted & wouldn't have considered any other option. good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBearEH
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:45 PM

We don't really know what your health is like, what your history is, and so on.  That's kind of a call only you can make.  It's not necessarily about not thinking life is valuable or precious when you're dealing with existing medical conditions & considering termination.

Have you discussed your situation with your doctor and a counsellour?

Pregnancy Journal for...
27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 3334 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 weeks | 40 | 41 | 42

sillytime
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:00 PM
Do what you feel is the best for you and your family. What does you SO say?
LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:11 PM
I just had a miscarriage when I was 8 weeks pregnant just at the beginning of December. When I found out I was pregnant I kept thinking I didn't want this baby, I'm too old now. My kids are 9 and 12 what am I going to do with a newborn. Now there isn't a day that goes by I don't wish I wasn't still pregnant and wondering if the baby would have been a boy or girl.

If your health is that bad that you would consider an abortion you better figure it out quick.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)