Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help please

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:36 PM
  • 5 Replies
It seems every time I call to talk with the younger children like tonight.. Mind you they are 5 and 8 they talk so disrespectful about my fiance and I know its coming from my ex husband, this is ridiculous and I don't know how to handle it.. I mean if anything my ex should be thankful because my fiance fought and served this country for 22 yrs and for him to treat a vet like this makes me sick.. Help moms what can I do so the bashing/ name calling will stop?!.
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MixedCooke
by on Jan. 1, 2015 at 2:15 AM

have the talk with the kids and tell your ex to back the F up because you are being respectful and not bashing him even though I am sure you have enough ammo to do so and unless he wants you to turn the tables on him, he needs to keep his opinions about your fiance to his self and not involve your children in his petty behavior.

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Jan. 1, 2015 at 10:44 AM
You need to have a talk with your ex. Let him know you don't appreciate him talking bad about your fiancee to your kids. That he needs to keep his opinion to him self. That will really impact and affect the kids.

Also talk to the kids and let them know. That kind of behavior will not be tolerated. That it's not nice to say bad things about people. They have feelings to and their feelings can be hurt.

Good luck but you need to nip this in the bud before it gets worse.
TwoPennies
by on Jan. 1, 2015 at 5:45 PM
You do nothing with regards to their father. He wants to create a rise out of you. Don't give him that satisfaction.
As for the children, when they start you nip it immediately and tell them disrespect will not be tolerated. They are old enough to show respect for their stepfather to be in any situation.
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jan. 1, 2015 at 8:04 PM
Good advice. Hugs!

Quoting kyledavidsmom: You need to have a talk with your ex. Let him know you don't appreciate him talking bad about your fiancee to your kids. That he needs to keep his opinion to him self. That will really impact and affect the kids.

Also talk to the kids and let them know. That kind of behavior will not be tolerated. That it's not nice to say bad things about people. They have feelings to and their feelings can be hurt.

Good luck but you need to nip this in the bud before it gets worse.
DLinnMare
by on Jan. 1, 2015 at 8:55 PM
My step daughter is super disrespectful.. No matter what I do. Shes had me in tears many times. Nothing I can do. I have 3 from a previous marriage and they have the most respect for their step father because I refuse to not let them be. It helps that my ex likes him.My step kids mom brain wash them into hating me. LLuckily my step sons don't listen but my step daughter is 8 and listens to everything. I'm at a loss just like you. Things will get better when they are old enough to see threw lies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)