Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have any mementos from men in your past? Does your SO have any from exes?

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:43 PM
  • 19 Replies

My DH has a random box of pictures but we started dating when he was 20, so it's more like high school memories at this point. I have kept some jewelry from an ex but that's it,

I know some couple throw everything out from their past.

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjimaging
by Melissa on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:52 PM
I have some pictures but only because my DD is in them. Nothing else.
anotherandree
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:56 PM

When my husband first got together with his ex, she made him throw out EVERYTHING.  It is sad because he would like that stuff now.  I kept my first "love letter," a few photgraphs, maybe a couple of cards that meant something to me at the time.  I showed them to my daughter a couple of months ago and she laughed because "Mom had boyfriends!" :)  My husband and I know that we love each other but we also realize that we have a past.  There is a HUGE difference between reminiscing about the past and wanting to relive it.

happywifey08
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:56 PM

I have a small box of a few pictures and a poem an ex wrote for me. DH has a box with pictures that I got the pleasure of cleaning up when DD2 got into it :-/ Not fun btw. I think he is planning on throwing his pictures out, not at my request. I should probably clean mine out as well. I don't even know where that box is off hand. 

happywifey08
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:57 PM

THat is cute. I wish I still had stuff from my early teen years. 

Quoting anotherandree:

When my husband first got together with his ex, she made him throw out EVERYTHING.  It is sad because he would like that stuff now.  I kept my first "love letter," a few photgraphs, maybe a couple of cards that meant something to me at the time.  I showed them to my daughter a couple of months ago and she laughed because "Mom had boyfriends!" :)  My husband and I know that we love each other but we also realize that we have a past.  There is a HUGE difference between reminiscing about the past and wanting to relive it.

SweetMama823
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:57 PM
I do have a bracelet of his. No pics nothing else. Dh has nothing of his ex.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liss05
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:13 PM

Just some hs boyfriend pictures and jewelry.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:49 PM
It's all in a box with high school stuff
.PinkSunshine.
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:52 PM

No

lalasmama2007
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:54 PM

I got rid of everything.  I know my SO has some pics and other stuff stashed away somewhere.

countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:55 PM

I only had one boyfriend in high school. The only pictures I have of him are the ones from a school dance we attended together and some group shots of a bunch of our friends. 

DH didn't have any girlfriends before me. He went to dances with girls as friends and stuff but never a real relationship. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)