Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A rough scene at daycare this morning :/

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:30 AM
  • 14 Replies
So I got there as usual except my ears were not welcomed as usual. When I went to Liam's room (infant room) and there was a baby screaming at the top of his lungs. The director was on the phone just outside the room and there were two teachers with maybe 4-6 babies in the room. This little boy was in the other room, in the dark, in a crib. The director said she was going in to rub his back and within seconds came out and said he needed to self regulate and now she knew why mom says she just puts him in bed. My heart sunk and I just wanted to pick him up and love on him. I'm thankful Liam is a really good baby, he hardly cries but would they do the same with him? I'm not super thrilled and I think I'll talk to the ladies tonight. They are great and really the ladies that were there are too. But why was he crying? Why was no one tending to him? I'm sad for him.
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:32 PM
I would want to love on him to. That's why my hubby never let me work. When our babies were under 1.
Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:42 PM

in a way it's sad but if the mom said that's the way she does things ... I'd have a tendency to pick them up as well and coddle them.  How old was the baby ?  it breaks my heart to see babies in daycare.  I stayed home with DD until she was a year old

mjimaging
by Melissa on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:40 PM
I couldn't see him, only hear him. I don't know how old he was but most of them are pretty young. Under a year. I wish I could stay home but I just can't. DH doesn't make enough money.

Quoting Jinxed8:

in a way it's sad but if the mom said that's the way she does things ... I'd have a tendency to pick them up as well and coddle them.  How old was the baby ?  it breaks my heart to see babies in daycare.  I stayed home with DD until she was a year old

MommaTurbo
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:41 PM

That's why I've never been able to bring myself to put an infant in day care. Hell...I even have a hard time letting sitters put my almost 2 year old to bed...

anotherandree
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:43 PM

This and my other thought is he could just be new.  Older infants, going through separation anxiety, will probably wail (mayb even when held!) for the first few days.  Such a difficult transition for them! :(

Quoting Jinxed8:

Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 3:00 PM

I know it sucks. I would love to be a SAHM but sadly that is not possible.  I was able to give DD the first year because I was getting unemployment (my boss let me go when I was 7 months pregnant) when that ran out, I had to get back to work :(

Quoting mjimaging: I couldn't see him, only hear him. I don't know how old he was but most of them are pretty young. Under a year. I wish I could stay home but I just can't. DH doesn't make enough money.
Quoting Jinxed8:

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jan. 14, 2015 at 3:14 PM

That's so sad :(

lalasmama2007
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 3:37 PM

How sad!  I'm glad I never had to put my dd in daycare.

countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:45 PM

He could have been just a crier. If the mom said just to lay him down, then they were doing the right thing. 

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jan. 14, 2015 at 6:00 PM
Each child and family is different. Sounds sad.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)