Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you go get your hair done?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 11:32 PM
  • 19 Replies
I am frustrated because I really want to go get my hair cut/highlighted and I keep getting put on the back burner. My husband makes me feel guilty for wanting to go get my hair done because it's so expensive & the only chance I have to get it done where he can watch the kids is on the weekends. He makes me feel like he can't handle me being gone for a while and being stuck with watching the kids. I haven't
had anything done to my hair since May 2014!!
I'm thinking about just going during a weekday & taking the kids with me...the kids are 4 & 22 months. Would you take your kids with you to get your hair done? The person I keep asking to watch the kids (mother in law) keeps blowing me off.
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by Bobbie on Feb. 4, 2015 at 11:36 PM
I usually take ds but on the occasion that I go on a weekend he usually stays with dh. It only takes about 20 minutes to get my hair cut though.
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Feb. 4, 2015 at 11:52 PM
I try to get my hair cut. But it's so hard. I color my own hair
Stephd710
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 4:19 AM
No I don't takebmy kids. I get foil color and it takes about two hours. My SO usually babysits for me, and they aren't even his kids!! That's crap that your husband won't watch them for a couple hours!
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 5, 2015 at 6:13 AM
1 mom liked this

My mil has a hair salon. My husband is a licensed barber. He worked at a family hair salon for 10 years but only cuts the family's hair now. He also does my color.

I would be pissed if my husband tried to guilt me about going somewhere or doing something for myself. They are his kids too he should be able to handle a couple of hours alone with them.

Sophie1106
by Paula on Feb. 5, 2015 at 9:19 AM
They stay home with dh if possible. But sometimes that doesn't work because of his work schedule. If my mom is available they can stay with her. But I've taken the kids with me before. I just take a tablet and they sit and play.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Feb. 5, 2015 at 9:28 AM
I have been taking my kids with me recently when I get my hair done like the past five years. I have been getting my hair braided for the past five/six years and that takes two hours or more. The lady that braids my hair also braids girls hair and my boys are able to be entertained while they wait. They watch movies (she has so many movie choices for them, she buys the new ones before I do!) and they bring their electronics. I only bring them with me when they want to come, they usually do want to come and I should be grateful because it will be different when they get older.
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Feb. 5, 2015 at 9:30 AM
I recently took my braids out. I have an appointment this weekend with the lady who did my hair for my wedding, and used to do it before I got braids. It will be in a salon, and I will be going alone.
WILDCATGAL78
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 11:16 AM

I take my daughter with me. It's a family affair. I get my hair professionally straightened every few months. Most of the time it coincides when my mom visits or when I am visiting her. I haven't brought her with me for a hair cut though. I have been wanting a cut but haven't done it yet. When I get my hair straightened, my beautician only trims it. 
There have been a couple of times like over Christmas break when I did my hair myself at home. I don't do anything to it other than get it straightened.  

unsuspected
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 11:19 AM
My husband would be happy to watch the kids for me to get my hair done. I just don't. I like my hair it's natural color. I mean, I might consider going full blonde if we could afford to maintain it, lol. But I enjoy my hair not being another expense.

Maybe talk to him to see if you really can't afford it right now and start saving.
godsgirl26
by ♥Charmaine♥ on Feb. 5, 2015 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I stopped going to the salon. Haven't been to a salon in years. I've been natural for a while and i do my own hair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)