Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Light headed while working out

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:08 PM
  • 7 Replies
I am 5 weeks post partum and pretty seriously overweight. To put it all out there I am 5' 2" and I weigh 180. I've dropped 15 since birth, but that was really in the first week and nothing much has happened since. I started a diet and fitness program this week. I am within a healthy range of calories for breastfeeding and drinking plenty. 2 days ago after I finished my workout I did my cool down and then sat in a chair for a few minutes and I got really light headed and my vision started to go dark. I assume that may have been fainting but I was already sitting down. I figured I just didn't cool down enough. Then today I felt extremely light headed during my entire workout. I had to rest almost every 30 seconds. Am I just too fat to work out this hard yet, or is there something wrong with me? I go to the Dr on Monday, but what is this? I don't want this to become an excuse for me to not work out, but I've never experienced this before.
I did work out pre-pregnancy, but I had to stop about 15 weeks in because I had some complications and got put on modified bed rest.
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mater-three
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:12 PM
You sound dehydrated to me. You are sure you're drinking enough? Ftr, I lost 155 lbs and my one word of advice is don't try to rush it. Sometimes we jump in head first and really over do it to the point where out bodies start screaming slow down. So slow down. It didn't take 3 months to gain it. It's going to take more than that to loose it. Just breathe. You got this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeautifulMomof1
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:25 PM
Make sure you're drinking enough water . . And don't push yourself too hard . .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LittleRed80
by Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:44 PM
Maybe I better start tracking my water consumption to make sure I'm drinking as much as I think I am.

Quoting Mater-three: You sound dehydrated to me. You are sure you're drinking enough? Ftr, I lost 155 lbs and my one word of advice is don't try to rush it. Sometimes we jump in head first and really over do it to the point where out bodies start screaming slow down. So slow down. It didn't take 3 months to gain it. It's going to take more than that to loose it. Just breathe. You got this.
strictmomhere
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:47 PM
You may need electrolyts
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 2:41 PM

I agree with the other ladies.

grneyedormom
by Kendra on Feb. 27, 2015 at 3:16 PM
And be sure to eat enough protein prior to working out as well!
MaineMammax2
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 3:39 PM
At 5 weeks postpartum you are still recovering from having a baby. Make sure the doc gives you the OK to be working out. Big changes have happened, you're breastfeeding, diet and exercise change can be a bit taxing on the system. Don't over do it. Start out small and work your way up to the endurance. Hydrate and healthy proteins to power through the workout. Even just a vigorous walk is good exercise to start with and a little weight training. You are on the right track, good luck!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)