Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not sure how I feel or what to say.

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:30 PM
  • 6 Replies
My bf and I have discussed his kids before. One lives with us and the other 3 with their mom. Things have been getting progressively worse between him and his ex and now his oldest wants to come live with us. I want to be supportive. And technically we can afford to do it. I'm feeling a little over whelmed going from a mother of one (my son) to a mother of two... (his daughter and my son) now adding a other but a almost 17 year old. I'm nervous but I know it's a much better place for him with us. I just don't know how I feel, I've only met his oldest once and it went well. I wasnt able to spend time with the other kids because the mother wouldn't let them come over. Just because she has the power and was mad at my bf. We have been together just shy of two years. Thoughts suggestions. Of course I will be talking to my boyfriend.
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:09 PM
Hugs! To me, what's best for the kids, you just find a way to make it work.
CxMommyxJ
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:24 PM
I'm trying. :-) we are in the process of buying a house...life is a bit crazy as it is already...just wish I had looked for a bigger one now. Lol I'm trying to adapt. I want to do what's best for all the kids involved mine as well.
mjimaging
by Melissa on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:48 AM
I think you will figure it out. With the oldest being 17, he won't be in the home too long. But setting ground rules will likely be necessary.
CxMommyxJ
by on Mar. 17, 2015 at 11:53 PM

Thanks for the input. At least your suggestions were where my thoughts were headed like ground rules and such. 

grneyedormom
by Kendra on Mar. 17, 2015 at 11:59 PM
And you aren't going to be parenting two, you'll be parenting one and guiding his son into adulthood. :) if you look at it that way and leave the parenting piece up to your BF, then perhaps you don't feel so overwhelmed. It also gives son the chance to feel lime you are friend and not a for, same with bio-mom. :) I know that if my ex's gf stated that she was parenting my kid I would very much feel like she was trying to overstep a role. If you are his friend and a role model the transition to the new roles within your family could be much easier.
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2015 at 11:52 AM

I agree with this!

Quoting e-doolittle: Hugs! To me, what's best for the kids, you just find a way to make it work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)