Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for having twins!!!

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:05 PM
  • 6 Replies
Hey guys...I am in a dilema now.... People are mentioning on the net that research shows diary consumers and vegetarians have chances of having twins as opposed to meat lovers!!! Now what exactly is this....

Are All these recommendations on how to have twins all just gimics?? What's your perception about it all?
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
StaciF
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:19 PM
The whole theory on dairy is related to the increase in hormones in dairy products causing hyperovulation. Hadn't heard about vegetarians unless it's in relation to the soy intake which is/mimics estrogen. There is some truth to it IMO but I wouldn't say it's enough of an increase to guarantee anything.

Oh and this is just for fraternal twins - there's nothing that increases identical twins besides God :)
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Although its a contributing factor. I think that there are more important things that can contribute to having twins like race , family history and age.

If a person was considering a diet the influences twins I would suggest researching wild yam and the twin rate in Africa.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:40 PM
This

Quoting DACIA79:

Although its a contributing factor. I think that there are more important things that can contribute to having twins like race , family history and age.

If a person was considering a diet the influences twins I would suggest researching wild yam and the twin rate in Africa.

countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2015 at 11:59 AM

Well, it's nothing I've ever thought about to be honest, lol. Both of my pregnancies were unplanned so there is no way I was trying to research anything about having twins. 

I really wasn't aware that you could do anything to influence that anyway. 

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Apr. 11, 2015 at 6:21 PM
Never heard of it
SylviaNCali
by Member on Apr. 12, 2015 at 3:20 AM

I think it has more to do with genetics. I have identical twin girls my aunts are fraternal twins. As you get older your chances of having twins increase. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)