Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've never had a sinus infection

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 6:04 PM
  • 20 Replies

And I don't know if this is my first one or not. I kind of feel like someone punched me in the nose. Nothing really hurts but there's pressure from eye to eye and across the bridge of my nose. My nose isn't stuffy or runny. Just pressure. I've tried allergy meds, did nothing. I am trying IBU's as well, maybe those will help. I had run out so I just picked some up. I guess we will see. I thought I could sleep it off but sleeping did no good. I've had a headache but it doesn't seem to completely be connected. Maybe it is but it doesn't feel like it is.

by on May. 17, 2015 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on May. 17, 2015 at 6:26 PM

Hope you feel better soon! I don't have any suggestions on what to take though because when I get one allergy meds usually help.

grneyedormom
by Kendra on May. 17, 2015 at 6:28 PM
Try snorting warm salt water and letting it drain out of your sinus' (like a Neti pot would do). If your mucous is bright green, can be almost neon, you likely do. Some docs prescribe antibiotics while others let the infection run its course.
jezebel_witch
by on May. 17, 2015 at 6:30 PM
Hope you feel better.
mjimaging
by Melissa on May. 17, 2015 at 7:57 PM
I haven't even really had any snot. My nose isn't running or stuffed up. It seems strange.

Quoting grneyedormom: Try snorting warm salt water and letting it drain out of your sinus' (like a Neti pot would do). If your mucous is bright green, can be almost neon, you likely do. Some docs prescribe antibiotics while others let the infection run its course.
3companytoo
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 8:12 PM

Real sudafed is the only thing that works for me. Hope you feel better soon.

WILDCATGAL78
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:26 PM

Try Sudafed or ibuprofen for the pain and pressure. Try to stay on top of it because sometimes, the headache you have can turn into a migraine. If you can also try taking an allergy med like Claritin. To get some rest, you can also take Benedryl. 

mjimaging
by Melissa on May. 17, 2015 at 10:01 PM

I've been taking IBU and Claritin. I can't take Sudafed. I'm nursing and it also makes me sick. I am trying to stay on top of the IBU's but I just got some about five hours ago. So I've had two doses. Claritin is a one a day thing so I've taken that too. Will take more in the morning.

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

Try Sudafed or ibuprofen for the pain and pressure. Try to stay on top of it because sometimes, the headache you have can turn into a migraine. If you can also try taking an allergy med like Claritin. To get some rest, you can also take Benedryl. 

countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 10:03 PM

Most of my sinus infections involved a stuffed nose and headaches between my eyes so I can't identify with your symptoms but I certainly hope you feel better! Maybe it's some sort of allergies with all the pollen in the air. 

Since Friday I've been running a low grade temperature and fighting a sore throat and ear pain. 

lalasmama2007
by on May. 17, 2015 at 10:06 PM

feel better

mjimaging
by Melissa on May. 17, 2015 at 10:06 PM

That's the strange part, no stuffiness. Just pressure. It literally feels as though I was punched in the nose. There might be some swelling under my eyes but we shall see. I wonder, I started to get this way when I brought in some cut flowers. I wonder if they need to leave. They were wild flowers from someone's garden. That was the first day I had issues was the first day those came home. Maybe I'll get rid of them tonight, they are kind of sad anyway.

Quoting countrymomma81:

Most of my sinus infections involved a stuffed nose and headaches between my eyes so I can't identify with your symptoms but I certainly hope you feel better! Maybe it's some sort of allergies with all the pollen in the air. 

Since Friday I've been running a low grade temperature and fighting a sore throat and ear pain. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)