Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever been to Disneyland

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:40 AM
  • 60 Replies
1 mom liked this

I went back in 1988 with my youth group. I would love to takes my kids it's just to much money. I have been trying to save up but something always comes up.

by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MayMommy07
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:45 AM
Yes went for spring break back in March...we live in FL close to Disney World. I prefer world over land...a lot more things to do.
lalasmama2007
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:51 AM

I went to Disneyland once in 1997.  I've been to Disney World four or five times.  I went most recently in 2008.

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:05 AM

Some day I will get my kids there lol

grneyedormom
by Kendra on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:09 AM
Yes, most recently March of 2014, that also includes California Adventure right across the way from Disneyland. We live 13 hours from Anaheim but I prefer to fly. I get discounted tickets through my work. Have never been to Disney Workd.
RonaH
by Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:10 AM

Yes, I have been to both several times.

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:12 AM

I only live a few hours away just can't afford it right now.

Quoting grneyedormom: Yes, most recently March of 2014, that also includes California Adventure right across the way from Disneyland. We live 13 hours from Anaheim but I prefer to fly. I get discounted tickets through my work. Have never been to Disney Workd.

funny_girl3
by Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:16 AM

When my husband and I found out we were having our first baby, I insisted that we start a savings account for a family trip to Disney World.  My husband though I was crazy, he had just finished college and started paying on his loans, I still had a year of my bachelor's left.  Maybe it was crazy, let's blame the pregnancy hormones.  We jokingly called it our "7 year plan", we planned to take our son for his 7th birthday.  We managed to save money in those 7 years and we did end up celebrating his 7th birthday at Disney World.  Maybe you need to think more long term so you can save the money over a longer period of time, it might be less discouraging.

grneyedormom
by Kendra on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:17 AM
They have a Southern California Resident pass that might be worth looking into, in terms of price. They have one day passes too. Sometimes tickets at Costco are a bit cheaper too. Mousesavers.com sometimes has discounted tickets too.

You can save money by bringing your own food and drinks into the parks as well!

Quoting kyledavidsmom:

Quoting grneyedormom: Yes, most recently March of 2014, that also includes California Adventure right across the way from Disneyland. We live 13 hours from Anaheim but I prefer to fly. I get discounted tickets through my work. Have never been to Disney Workd.

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:21 AM

Thanks I will look into thses tips :)

Quoting grneyedormom: They have a Southern California Resident pass that might be worth looking into, in terms of price. They have one day passes too. Sometimes tickets at Costco are a bit cheaper too. Mousesavers.com sometimes has discounted tickets too. You can save money by bringing your own food and drinks into the parks as well!
Quoting kyledavidsmom:

Trixie-n-Moon
by Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:22 AM
We went last January. Last time I had been there was probably about 1988, too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)