Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So annoying!

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 9:37 PM
  • 21 Replies
I don't really know why elderly folks think it's on to touch my baby. Yes, my baby is cute, yes he's chubby. But no, that doesn't give anyone the right to randomly touch him.
I understand its a generational difference and they grew up in a different time, but it's no longer appropriate. That's all.
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 9:39 PM
Right or get creepy they comment so much about how cute they are.
wife2bertmomof7
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 9:42 PM
My biggest thing was random people tuching my stumach while I was pregnant. I mean yes there is a baby in there but that doesn't give you the right to touch me.
I so get how you are feeling.
clairewait
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:40 PM

Hah. Yeah. This is why I wore my baby everywhere as long as I could.

MasterJenJen
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:42 PM
Yeah, but he wasn't in a stroller or a high chair... i was holding him with both arms in front of me, this old lady went out of her way to grab his arm. My husband grabbed her hand and told her not to touch him.

Quoting clairewait:

Hah. Yeah. This is why I wore my baby everywhere as long as I could.

lizfnf
by Liz on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:50 PM
I remember being at the grocery store when my daughter was a baby. She was sitting up and in the front of the cart. I had my back to her picking out some produce, I turned around and there was an elderly lady squeezing her feet and telling her she was adorable. My kid was eating it up. I smiled and slowly got between them while answering her questions.
lalasmama2007
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:02 PM

It's not just the elderly.  Once I was shopping at the mall and some girl who worked there and looked to be in her early 20's asked if she could hold my baby.  I just looked at her like she was crazy.  There was no way in hell I would let a complete stranger hold my child.

MasterJenJen
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:02 PM
I know the babies eat it up because they love old people... and i think it would have been different if like he were in a cart or something, but he was pressed up against me in my arms... it totally irks me.

Quoting lizfnf: I remember being at the grocery store when my daughter was a baby. She was sitting up and in the front of the cart. I had my back to her picking out some produce, I turned around and there was an elderly lady squeezing her feet and telling her she was adorable. My kid was eating it up. I smiled and slowly got between them while answering her questions.
lizfnf
by Liz on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:07 PM
I totally feel you! I was irked but at the same time they're old. Old people and babies can get away with anything, and they know it!

Quoting MasterJenJen: I know the babies eat it up because they love old people... and i think it would have been different if like he were in a cart or alerting, but he was passed up against me in my arms... it totally irks me.

Quoting lizfnf: I remember being at the grocery store when my daughter was a baby. She was sitting up and in the front of the cart. I had my back to her picking out some produce, I turned around and there was an elderly lady squeezing her feet and telling her she was adorable. My kid was eating it up. I smiled and slowly got between them while answering her questions.
MichelleMc
by on Aug. 9, 2015 at 7:19 AM

I think it is odd that everyone is so extremely protective anymore. Don't talk to my child, don't touch my child, my child is being a snot don't dare redirect my child only I can. I think people are way too extreme anymore, it isn't good. Not like someone tried to walk off with your child. Goodness, and elderly person wanted to interact with your child. 

Coffee_in_Hand
by New Member on Aug. 9, 2015 at 7:36 AM

Its the worse!
I've had to outright tell people not to touch my baby.  i said it as kindly as possible and still got a crazy look. Oh well.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)