Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Got sent home from hospital. 37 weeks. Long.

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:57 AM
  • 6 Replies
WOw what a day! Well i had my level 2 us today. Everything came back fine except they couldn't see him practice breathing motions. This is the second time he hasn't showed it on the Us. Movement was fine hb fine fluid everything except that poriton of him breathing on his own. I scored a 8/10. While i was waiting on the us tech she comes back and says i will be admitted and induced. Total shock. Im only 37 5 days

She said my dr would be in to speak to me. So they send me to a room. Hook me up to monitor's start a iv and im just waiting. My dr didn't come in to talk to me until almost 9 pm. He basically told me that the Us dr recommend me being induced because of the lack in points. I honestly didn't want that. If there was a emergency with his health of course, but my dr told me he is comfortable with me staying or going home. Im already 2 cm dilated. So i decided to go home and try and make it on my own. He wants me back in the office on Monday. 

Now im paranoid that i made a wrong decision. I know there is a risk taking early or later but i just thought if i can keep him in a little longer it would be better. If my dr expressed that this was a emergency then of course i would stay but when he gave me a option to stay or let my body try and go natural. I left. 

I am worried about not being able to see him breath. But i also know you don't see it everytime. Im so mentally drained from today  I have never experienced this before and it's just all so confusing to me.
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:40 AM
I'm sorry hugs

I remember going through something similar 10 years ago. I couldn't feel my daughter move and got scared. I went in for non stress test to make sure she was moving. After a few days of going they said she wasn't moving hardly. They sent me home later that night I got a call. My Dr was on vacation but her backup wanted me in at 9:30 for a emergency c-section.

I was so scared I had her at 11:53 that night. She spent 19 days in the NICU and came home. Everything will be ok your daughter knows what he's doing. Congrats on the soon to be bundle of joy. Try not to stress or worry I have been there.
lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:50 AM
Seems weird they just sent you straight to be induced. I get weekly US that are scored and my doctor office said unless the score is extremely low they would first do a stress test and then if you failed that would be induced or for my case csection. Since your 37 weeks already you would be more than ok if you had to deliver. Will they be doing another one?
FlaSunshine813
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:19 AM
Im not sure what he will be doing. I just know i have to go see him Monday. This is the second time baby hasn't shown on US practice breathing motions. Everything else he passed. So they scored me a 8/10. It was the hospital Dr who recommended being induced. Then my dr came in and spoke to me about it. I am worried about the lack of him breathing but i just felt so rushed in the hospital. I was sitting in the room for 5 hours until my ob actually came and spoke to me.

Quoting lovely.mess: Seems weird they just sent you straight to be induced. I get weekly US that are scored and my doctor office said unless the score is extremely low they would first do a stress test and then if you failed that would be induced or for my case csection. Since your 37 weeks already you would be more than ok if you had to deliver. Will they be doing another one?
Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:52 AM

Yes I understand how stressful that can be.  The last month of my pregnancy I had to for stress tests at the hospital weekly and one time, they didn't like the lack of movement and they made me stay in the hospital for hours ... my doctor finally came in and let me go home.  I toughed it out to nearly 41 weeks.  Best of luck to you !

lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:06 AM
I would definitely bring up these concerns and questions with your doctor monday. And ask if they have you do another low test what his plan is so you kind of have an idea.

Quoting FlaSunshine813: Im not sure what he will be doing. I just know i have to go see him Monday. This is the second time baby hasn't shown on US practice breathing motions. Everything else he passed. So they scored me a 8/10. It was the hospital Dr who recommended being induced. Then my dr came in and spoke to me about it. I am worried about the lack of him breathing but i just felt so rushed in the hospital. I was sitting in the room for 5 hours until my ob actually came and spoke to me.

Quoting lovely.mess: Seems weird they just sent you straight to be induced. I get weekly US that are scored and my doctor office said unless the score is extremely low they would first do a stress test and then if you failed that would be induced or for my case csection. Since your 37 weeks already you would be more than ok if you had to deliver. Will they be doing another one?
WILDCATGAL78
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:25 PM

Good Luck! I started getting NST around 34-35 weeks. I was always stuck there forever because my daughter was so stubborn. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)