Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Melatonin

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:16 PM
  • 14 Replies
How many of you take it to help you sleep? How long have you been taking it?
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShandellsBaby
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:27 PM
I've been wondering the same thing I've been wanting to try it but didn't know if it worked though
PinkButterfly66
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:37 PM

I do, for 20 years.  Sometimes I can sleep without it.  

liveforever
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:40 PM
I can fall asleep within 5 min of laying down. That's one area I've never had any trouble.

Dh had a ton of trouble sleeping and took it for awhile. He switched positions at work, his stress level went down, and he doesn't need it anymore. He took it for about a year.
liveforever
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:43 PM
It does work, but your body can get used to the dosage you take.

I had trouble sleeping one night when I was sick. I took half of what dh took and was out in minutes. The dose he took would take hours to make him tired.

Quoting ShandellsBaby: I've been wondering the same thing I've been wanting to try it but didn't know if it worked though
Momma-maggie
by New Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:38 PM
I take it... so does my 4yo. On the advice of her doctor of course.
Slf2036
by New Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:41 PM
I take it and so do my boys 4 and 13 (dr recommended). I have melatonin gummies you can take 2 as an adult i usually only need 1. I used to take ambien but now just use the melatonin.
ShandellsBaby
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:49 PM
How much does a person take? What would you recommend on the dosage? Thanks for the advice

Quoting liveforever: It does work, but your body can get used to the dosage you take.

I had trouble sleeping one night when I was sick. I took half of what dh took and was out in minutes. The dose he took would take hours to make him tired.

Quoting ShandellsBaby: I've been wondering the same thing I've been wanting to try it but didn't know if it worked though
Momma-maggie
by New Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 12:04 AM
I get the 3mg gummies. You can start taking one and up it to two if that doesn't work. They have tablets from 1 mg all the way to 10 mg. 3 mg is usually a good starting point. Doc wanted my daughter on 5mg but I only give her 3 and it works fine.

Quoting ShandellsBaby: How much does a person take? What would you recommend on the dosage? Thanks for the advice

Quoting liveforever: It does work, but your body can get used to the dosage you take.

Sophie1106
by Paula on Oct. 9, 2015 at 12:12 AM
I've never needed anything like that but I know my mil takes it and says it works well.
MixedCooke
by on Oct. 9, 2015 at 1:30 AM

I do and probably since I started working nights because it was difficult for me to sleep in the day or fall asleep when it was still bright out.  My mind also races so it helps to calm it so I can fall asleep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)