Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm at a lost...

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:29 AM
  • 11 Replies
A few months ago someone got onto my Facebook page as me and posted that dh was messing with my dd. So the cops came and arrested him and all that. They kept asking if I posted that and I keep saying no that dh would never hurt my kids. So now they want to sentence him to 60 years for something that he didn't do. I have no idea who posted that or anything, I love my dh and I want him home. What should I do??
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:45 AM
Have they spoken to hour kids? You NEED to get an attorney...NOW!! Don't try to fight this on your own.
NeonGirl9583
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:06 AM
I have and they said he has never hurt them. He's always good with them. Inc any afford one. He was the one making the money while I was a stay at home mom because all our kids are special needs.

Quoting offrdngal: Have they spoken to hour kids? You NEED to get an attorney...NOW!! Don't try to fight this on your own.
offrdngal
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:29 AM
Has DCFS done an investigation? I know it's pricey, but you need to hire a Guardian Ad Litem (GAL), for your children.

Quoting NeonGirl9583: I have and they said he has never hurt them. He's always good with them. Inc any afford one. He was the one making the money while I was a stay at home mom because all our kids are special needs.

Quoting offrdngal: Have they spoken to hour kids? You NEED to get an attorney...NOW!! Don't try to fight this on your own.
NeonGirl9583
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 11:31 AM
Dfacs has did a little investigation, and said they can't find anything on him.

Quoting offrdngal: Has DCFS done an investigation? I know it's pricey, but you need to hire a Guardian Ad Litem (GAL), for your children.

Quoting NeonGirl9583: I have and they said he has never hurt them. He's always good with them. Inc any afford one. He was the one making the money while I was a stay at home mom because all our kids are special needs.

countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 11:46 AM

Oh. I have no idea what I would do. I'm so sorry you are going through this. 

offrdngal
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this
If DCFS has found nothing, then hopefully when he goes to court, the case will be dropped.

Quoting NeonGirl9583: Dfacs has did a little investigation, and said they can't find anything on him.

Quoting offrdngal: Has DCFS done an investigation? I know it's pricey, but you need to hire a Guardian Ad Litem (GAL), for your children.

NeonGirl9583
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:43 PM
That what I,hope.

Quoting offrdngal: If DCFS has found nothing, then hopefully when he goes to court, the case will be dropped.

Quoting NeonGirl9583: Dfacs has did a little investigation, and said they can't find anything on him.

Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:32 PM

what ? they can't just do that ... there has to be a trial, proofs and all

maureen813
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a licensed, independent, clinical social worker and also have a 12 year background in child protective social work. This seems to make very little sense to me. If CPS completed a 10 day investigation and there was no disclosure by your children and no concerns by collateral's ( school , pediatricians) then how on early would the district attorney's office within your state continue to prosecute? They could not possibly do that based on one statement on social media. This is absurd.

trulyblessed618
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:41 PM
I don't think it's possible for someone to be sentenced because someone wrote something on facebook. There has to be proof to convict someone. Who would know your password that's what you need to find out and what time and date it was posted...can they figure out what device it came from...computer or phone? This is horrible I hope try catch who did this.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)