Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Halloween Movies!

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:50 PM
  • 25 Replies

What, if any, Halloween movies do you and your family look forward to every year?

This is the first year I'm able to get my daughter excited about Hocus Pocus. We've recorded almost every movie that abc family is showing on the 13 nights of Halloween. I even found a series on the Hallmark Channel called The Good Witch. I recorded them all and pretty much binge watched them yesterday while we got the remnants of Hurricane Patricia (which we are still getting today). 

The kids watched Matilda for the first time last night and loved it just as much as I did as a child so I was pretty excited about that. 

Are you looking forward to any other upcoming holiday movies? I am! I've already printed the schedule of the 25 days of Christmas and the Hallmark Channel line ups.

by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sophie1106
by Paula on Oct. 26, 2015 at 7:14 PM

Hocus Pocus, The Nightmare Before Christmas and Casper are the ones we watch every year. 

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:07 PM
I watched all them last night.

Quoting Sophie1106:

Hocus Pocus, The Nightmare Before Christmas and Casper are the ones we watch every year. 

lalasmama2007
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:48 PM

We usually watch Hocus Pocus as well.

Sarlinda
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2015 at 7:02 AM

Ernest Scare Stupid

Charlie Brown

Casper

Autumn in New York

countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2015 at 1:10 PM

Quoting Sophie1106:

I used to love Hocus Pocus then I sorta stopped watching it. I'm back loving it lately though. I've never watched the others you mentioned but they are either on our DVR now or set to record. I'm so glad that DD is finally at the age where she and I can enjoy watching things like this together. My son hates anything he deems scary and will not watch most Halloween movies, lol. 

countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2015 at 1:47 PM

I've only ever heard of Charlie Brown, the others I'll have to look up. What's Autumn in New York about?

Quoting Sarlinda:

Ernest Scare Stupid

Charlie Brown

Casper

Autumn in New York

Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2015 at 2:17 PM

Every year we watch Halloween movies with DD ... this year I managed to track down "The Witches" for DD - a throwback to the 90's.  And not necessarily a Halloween movie per say but DD just read the book and as a "reward" when the book is over, we will watch the movie on Halloween.

in past years we have watched Ernest Scared Stupid, Hocus Pocus, Nightmare before Christmas, halloween Town etc...  This year DD is getting older, and kids don't change, horror movies are all the rage at sleep overs and with her friends and so she watched The Lost Boys with us.  She's also loving "My haunted house" which is a series about real hauntings and ghosts and stuff.  We watch it as a family.

MrsKittyZ15
by Member on Oct. 27, 2015 at 2:19 PM
The Nightmare Before Christmas is my all time favorite Halloween movie. I even watch it at Christmas time lol
countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2015 at 2:31 PM

I've never watched it but it's on our DVR right now, just waiting for us to have time to sit and watch it, lol. 

Quoting MrsKittyZ15: The Nightmare Before Christmas is my all time favorite Halloween movie. I even watch it at Christmas time lol

Sarlinda
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2015 at 4:34 PM

Richard Gere and Wynona Ryder play the main characters.  He's an older man who is basically a player and they fall in love.  I won't tell ya the rest bc I don't wanna ruin it incase you watch it. :) 

Quoting countrymomma81:

I've only ever heard of Charlie Brown, the others I'll have to look up. What's Autumn in New York about?

Quoting Sarlinda:

Ernest Scare Stupid

Charlie Brown

Casper

Autumn in New York

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)