Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Botox, Juvederm, and Photofacial

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:48 PM
  • 13 Replies

I have an appointment set to start a series of IPL photofacials, and am going for a consult for botox and filler on November 5th. Does anyone have experience with this procedures? The IPL is for discoloration and sun damage. If I like the results on my face I may do my chest and arms as well. 

I'm 38, getting closer to 39. I feel like in the last year and a half time and past skin sins have hit me all at once, I have aged more in the past year, seemingly all at once, than in the 37.5 before. I've read blogs before about how 37 is a magic number where all of a sudden your youthful beauty disappears, I now fully agree. I'm not going age gracefully and fade quietly into the night, that isn't my style. 

by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:52 PM
Bump
lalasmama2007
by on Oct. 27, 2015 at 11:26 PM

Good luck!

MichelleMc
by on Oct. 28, 2015 at 5:37 AM

For sure not my thing. No experience, nor none in the future. 

Michelle,
Proud Mom toJonathan, Eagle & Vigil Scout and Army Soldier 
Proud Navy Submarine Vet Wife to Jake

countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on Oct. 28, 2015 at 12:30 PM

The closest I've ever come to that is having a few laser hair removal treatments and they didn't work. 

Good luck!

Greenenvy
by Member on Oct. 28, 2015 at 12:36 PM
In my 20s I did botoxand injections. I never had an issue with injections but botox triggered terrible anxiety in me which led to major depression. I didn't realize it until I was way overdue for a touch up and was feeling like my old self, the anxiety and depression had disappeared. I won't touch the stuff ever again and I haven't had a single issue since. When I asked my uncle who is a dr he said it's a possible side effect the drs don't tell you about because it would cut into their profits.
MamaBearEH
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2015 at 2:25 PM

Microderm abrasion is a non-chemical non-invasive cosmetic procedure that can help with aging, as well as being a recognised treatment for skin problems like acne.  I've had wonderful luck with this.

Injecting toxic chemicals into my body I wouldn't do personally, so fillers & botox is out for me.

Have a signficant other that's away most of the time due to work?
Join me in HARDLY THERE, and meet other mothers who can relate.

Firewoman33
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2015 at 3:02 PM

My mom had microdermabrasion to get rid of some fairly substantial acne scarring. It worked really well and that was in the 90's. I'm sure the method has improved even further since then. 

I haven't done fillers but have some friends that have. Results seem to be very dependant on the Dr.. I've had a friend where you couldn't tell she jsut kind of looked refreshed and another who it was pretty obvious. 

ReadWriteLuv
by on Oct. 28, 2015 at 4:47 PM

Why would you have botox in your 20's?

Quoting Greenenvy: In my 20s I did botoxand injections. I never had an issue with injections but botox triggered terrible anxiety in me which led to major depression. I didn't realize it until I was way overdue for a touch up and was feeling like my old self, the anxiety and depression had disappeared. I won't touch the stuff ever again and I haven't had a single issue since. When I asked my uncle who is a dr he said it's a possible side effect the drs don't tell you about because it would cut into their profits.

ReadWriteLuv
by on Oct. 28, 2015 at 4:51 PM

I've had microdermabrasions before, they don't do anything for the wrinkles or the sun spots. I use 11 different products on my face, my skin is clear and soft as a baby's butt, but no exfoliation, cream, lotion, mask, or serum will touch the sun spots, my nasolabial folds, or my horozontal forehead wrinkles. I use a hyaluronic acid serum on my crows feet and upper lip that temporarily make them look better, but those other areas need more help than any topical can give them.

I'm tired of slathering thousands of dollars a year on my face with medicore results when I could be putting that money IN my face with actual results.

Quoting MamaBearEH:

Microderm abrasion is a non-chemical non-invasive cosmetic procedure that can help with aging, as well as being a recognised treatment for skin problems like acne.  I've had wonderful luck with this.

Injecting toxic chemicals into my body I wouldn't do personally, so fillers & botox is out for me.

Greenenvy
by Member on Oct. 28, 2015 at 4:53 PM
Prevention.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Why would you have botox in your 20's?

Quoting Greenenvy: In my 20s I did botoxand injections. I never had an issue with injections but botox triggered terrible anxiety in me which led to major depression. I didn't realize it until I was way overdue for a touch up and was feeling like my old self, the anxiety and depression had disappeared. I won't touch the stuff ever again and I haven't had a single issue since. When I asked my uncle who is a dr he said it's a possible side effect the drs don't tell you about because it would cut into their profits.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)