Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going to Public school has been a nightmare for my son (Bus)

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:35 AM
  • 18 Replies

He started back at public school almost 10 weeks ago. He attends a great school educationally. It's the dang bus's!

The bus driver tells my son that he "IS PAYED TO DRIVE BUS.. Not to babysit!"

The kids on the bus run rampent! they do whatever they want..

~Including they have threatened to kill my son

~Including they have threatened to shove him out the back door of the moving bus and laugh as he is run over by a car..

~Including they have threatened to strip him naked and check to see if he really is a boy or just a "bitch"

~And now 2 kids on the bus are grabbing his hands and forcing his hand to hit them.. then telling everyone that he needs to be beat up for hurting them..

I am so sick of it!

by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:05 AM
2 moms liked this
Have you brought these issues up with the bus company or to the school? They can't do anything if they don't know about it. I would start there
Countess79
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:10 AM

Oh yes been speaking to the principle for 8 weeks.

Quoting lovely.mess: Have you brought these issues up with the bus company or to the school? They can't do anything if they don't know about it. I would start there

lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:13 AM
2 moms liked this
At that point if the principal is not taking appropriate action go higher than him to the school superintendent. You did not say if you've brought it up with the bus company?

Quoting Countess79:

Oh yes been speaking to the principle for 8 weeks.

Quoting lovely.mess: Have you brought these issues up with the bus company or to the school? They can't do anything if they don't know about it. I would start there

hotspice58
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:17 AM

I'm shocked.  I get a call if my kids sneeze wrong.   You need to talk to someone in charge.

Sophie1106
by Paula on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this
This is one of the reasons I prefer taking my kids to school myself. Too many bad stories about buses. I hope you can figure things out and stop this.
bunnywzrd
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:24 AM

I have to take my daughter to school myself. She has a lot of issues with the bus too. Though nothing as bad as your son. Our bus driver also lets the kids pretty much do whatever they want. Though I don't know what he could do about it anyway. He is driving and if he stopped every time someone did something they would never get home.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
My dad drives city bus but has done the school run and he stops. They learn real quick if they don't behave, they are super late home. He also makes them clean up their messes.

Quoting bunnywzrd:

I have to take my daughter to school myself. She has a lot of issues with the bus too. Though nothing as bad as your son. Our bus driver also lets the kids pretty much do whatever they want. Though I don't know what he could do about it anyway. He is driving and if he stopped every time someone did something they would never get home.

mrsary
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:34 AM
You need to talk to the bus driver supervisors to request your son sit in seat 1 behind driver, so he can watch him through overhead mirror.
mrsary
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:36 AM
Definitely go through the bus company. If nothing happens then you take it up the district's food chain! I am a school bus driver BTW. Lol.

PinkButterfly66
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:38 AM

Go to the bus company and the school superintendant.  Does the bus have a video camera?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)