Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm hallucinating SMELLS!!

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:43 PM
  • 20 Replies

I'm not even kidding. This is going to drive me insane. For over a week now, I've been smelling smoke when nothing is burning. I mean, like if I closed my eyes, I could swear someone is in the same room as me smoking cigarettes. At the onset of this, I was freaked out thinking something was on fire inside my house! Sometimes, it's so strong I feel like I can hardly breathe. It's anywhere I go. I smell it at home, at work, at the groceries. I swear, I'm going to go crazy.  It disappears for a minute when I step outside, then it comes right back.  I'm going crazy.

by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2babymomma
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:50 PM
I smell cigarette smoke sometimes too
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Oct. 30, 2015 at 4:03 AM
I smell smoke sometimes when I'm sleeping. It wakes me up out of a dead sleep.
jalvarez626
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 9:34 AM

Is it just nonstop? Like, within minutes of waking up in the morning, the smell is there and it stays all day?

Quoting 2babymomma: I smell cigarette smoke sometimes too

jalvarez626
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 9:35 AM

I would have a heart attack if I was woken up in the middle of the night by the smell of smoke.

Quoting kyledavidsmom: I smell smoke sometimes when I'm sleeping. It wakes me up out of a dead sleep.

CrystalSapphire
by Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 9:37 AM
I've heard hallucinations of burning (called an aura) is a characteristic of a brain lesion. But this may not be your case.
bmw29
by Bobbie on Oct. 30, 2015 at 9:41 AM

Mobile Photo

You probably need to talk to your doctor about this.
Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 10:41 AM

For it to happen once in a while is one thing but to the point you are describing, I'd go see a Doctor or an ENT

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Oct. 30, 2015 at 11:44 AM
Good to know thanks for sharing.

Quoting bmw29:

Mobile Photo

You probably need to talk to your doctor about this.
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Oct. 30, 2015 at 11:44 AM
I know right

Quoting jalvarez626:

I would have a heart attack if I was woken up in the middle of the night by the smell of smoke.

Quoting kyledavidsmom: I smell smoke sometimes when I'm sleeping. It wakes me up out of a dead sleep.

jalvarez626
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 12:29 PM

We have bars on the windows and doors, so I'm always paranoid about a fire breaking out in the middle of the night while we're sleeping and we become trapped.  A few years ago, a woman in my area died from a fire that broke out in her home and the firemen couldn't get to her because of the bars.  So I sleep with one of the iron doors unlocked. Just in case.

Quoting kyledavidsmom: I know right
Quoting jalvarez626:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)