Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love but No Sex: 9 Women on Life in a Sexless Marriage

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:47 AM
  • 2 Replies

Love but No Sex: 9 Women on Life in a Sexless Marriage

In the course of a long-term relationship, it can be totally normal to go through a sexual dry spell. Life gets busy, date nights get skipped, and sometimes we're just tired. But what happens when that dry spell doesn't end?

We talked to nine women who are all in sexless marriages, meaning they haven't been intimate with their spouses for months and, in some cases, years. These women, who asked to remain anonymous, revealed some surprising truths about what it is like living with someone you love, but don't have sex with.

Read on to learn what they want you to know about being in a sexless marriage.

Image via iStock.com/BraunS

by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:28 PM

Yikes !  it's something else if it's a medical condition as long as there's a lot of intimacy within the couple still.   I think if something happened and my husband could no longer physically satisfy me I would still love him.  But if it was for no reason and we started living as room mates it would definitely be an issue for me.

countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2016 at 1:06 PM

My SIL and her husband haven't had sex in years. He's just not interested. He's been on testosterone and everything but doesn't seem to really want to better it. There is also little affection as well. She struggles to deal with that. She's 34 and he's 37. She often tells me she's not sure how much longer she can put up with it. 

MIL left FIL because he couldn't perform anymore. After 27 years she just up and left when his health got bad and his tubes were blocked or something like that. IDK...that's not a great reason to bust up a family but whatever. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)