Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't know how I'm going to do this......

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:11 PM
  • 16 Replies
I have to. I started a PT Home business that I'm hoping will turn into a FT work from home job. In the meantime I'm still working a regular 8hr job but I work for a Temporary Agency until I can find a permanent job. I now have been assigned 2 jobs for the PT job which is actually a lot of looking things up on internet or having to make phone calls. I'm thinking of waking up at 4:50a do some of the PT work until 6:30a when I have to start getting myself and kids ready for school (kids are 10 & 13), go to work 9-5:30, get home, have dinner while talking to my kids, then getting back on the PT from 7p-11p. Except on Monday & Wednesday when I go to Zumba from 8p-10p. Saturday's get up at 7a and work when ever I possibly can until 8 or 9 at night and same for Sunday's?

Do you all think it will be feasible or too much?
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
It would be to much for me, but you may be able to handle it.
AshLMc
by Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:43 PM

I would think you would get burned out pretty quickly, especially if the work is tedious or something you don't really enjoy doing.

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:53 PM
I think I would

Quoting AshLMc:

I would think you would get burned out pretty quickly, especially if the work is tedious or something you don't really enjoy doing.

lalasmama2007
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:03 PM

It seems like an awful lot.  How long do you think you would have to be working both jobs?

Pukalani79
by Ivy on Mar. 31, 2016 at 1:10 AM
It would be too much for me, but you need to do what you need to do
LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2016 at 10:37 AM
I honestly don't know.

Quoting lalasmama2007:

It seems like an awful lot.  How long do you think you would have to be working both jobs?

Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2016 at 10:52 AM

I think it's going to be A LOT to handle and I'd be afraid of exhaustion to be honest

countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2016 at 12:45 PM

Can you maybe only do the part time jobs on weekends?

Why is all of this necessary?

LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2016 at 1:21 PM
There is a specific timeline to each job I get. One job I'll be paid $300 and the other it depends on how fast I finish it. I can't afford to just stay home and hope I'll get more jobs so I have to work the temp job until I know I can get more work.

Quoting countrymomma81:

countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2016 at 1:47 PM

Will this be a temporary situation? Like, are you only doing this to pay a bill or will this be a way of life for you until your home business picks up?

Quoting LuvHugs429: There is a specific timeline to each job I get. One job I'll be paid $300 and the other it depends on how fast I finish it. I can't afford to just stay home and hope I'll get more jobs so I have to work the temp job until I know I can get more work.
Quoting countrymomma81:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)