Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Past is haunting me

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:57 PM
  • 4 Replies
I just sent 7 weeks in classes and clinicals to get my CNA. I take the state test on the 13th and it might all of been for nothing. I got hired at a place but now things are pending because something came back on my background check. I already know what it is but the application asked for the past 7 years and it's been 12 years. I'm furious about the entire thing because it keeps on effecting my life and I was a minor so I dont understand why its even on a public record. When I was 16 my car was broke down so I asked my sister to use her car so me and a friend could go to our friends house. Everything was fine then I went to the store or something I don't really remember but I ended up loosing control of the car and wrecked it. Some how we still where able to drive it to my dad work. Instead of asking if I was hurt he decided to call the cops after my sister told him she had never given me permission to drive the car. I ended up getting charged with deprivation of property. I was 16 years old so I'm also pissed as to why it's on my public record. The job said they will know for sure if they can hire me officially within the week. I did things as a teen that I shouldn't but I think this is a load of bullshit and all its done is effect my life as an adult. It shows up when we apply for an apartment, a job, anything with a background. When my sister wrecked the car it was oh call 911 she has whiplash. I wreck the car call the cops and arrest her. I'm almost done with my family if this comes up I don't get this job and wasted $1000. Yes for most that's not much but with currently only one income it is for us
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
importantpanda
by New Member on Apr. 9, 2016 at 12:02 AM
*hugs* I'm sorry this is happening. I have something in my past too that comes up from time to time. I get so angry when it does, so I know how it feels.
I hope it all works out for you. If this job doesn't come through, another one will.
lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2016 at 12:05 AM
If it was something I did then I'd be like yes I did that to myself and now I'm paying for it but that's not the case. If it shows up at this hospital it will at anyone I apply at.

Quoting importantpanda: *hugs* I'm sorry this is happening. I have something in my past too that comes up from time to time. I get so angry when it does, so I know how it feels.
I hope it all works out for you. If this job doesn't come through, another one will.
MyMiracle30
by on Apr. 9, 2016 at 12:10 AM
I think you will still get the job. If they run your background and it comes up, they will probably make you write an explanation of what happened that night and how your life has changed since. It seems minor and it happened when you were a teenager. I'm sure they will take that into consideration. It's not like you killed anyone or robbed a bank. As far as your family goes, get your revenge by succeeding. Best of luck to you
importantpanda
by New Member on Apr. 9, 2016 at 12:11 AM
I'm in the same sort of position as the thing on my past isn't something I did either. I was in an abusive relationship and my bf lied to the police about me and I ended up getting charged with something stupid. It was dropped when it went to court because they could see I didn't do anything, but it still comes up on a search of me. It makes me so angry and I have to explain the situation to people which makes it worse because I feel like I'll never be free of that bastard. Unfortunately, it's something I have to deal with.
I know your charge will come up on any search a hospital does too, but there will be an employer that will see that it was so long ago and give you a chance. If this hospital doesn't, another one surely will. Don't lose hope.

Quoting lovely.mess: If it was something I did then I'd be like yes I did that to myself and now I'm paying for it but that's not the case. If it shows up at this hospital it will at anyone I apply at.

Quoting importantpanda: *hugs* I'm sorry this is happening. I have something in my past too that comes up from time to time. I get so angry when it does, so I know how it feels.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)