Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh. My. God. I'm so embarrassed:/

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:35 PM
  • 16 Replies

Ok so I have an insurance policy with a certain agency that allows them to attend a week long summer camp really cheap ($85 from Sunday morning to Friday morning--that's cheaper than day care here). I haven't gotten the registration numbers I needed to register them so I text my agent (an older man, around 65 or so) and asked him for the numbers. 

He replied, and apologized for not getting them to me sooner but mentioned that things have been crazy. I intended to reply "It's no big deal. And being crazy is good, it means you are getting busy"!

BUT....after looking at it, I noticed I put "It's no big deal. And being crazy is good, me and you are getting busy"!

I'm mortified. I sent him another text saying what I meant and I'm sure he got it, it's still embarrassing. 

Have any of you guys ever sent a super embarrassing text to someone?

by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:38 PM
I accidently sent a group text to my co-workers, that was intended for just one co-worker. It wasn't embarrassing though.
countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:44 PM

I've done that with our Boy Scout troop. I was meaning to just send it to the leader but I clicked on the group text and replied that we wouldn't be going to a meeting. Nothing embarrassing was said on that one either, I was just annoyed that I did it that way. 

Quoting diaperstodating: I accidently sent a group text to my co-workers, that was intended for just one co-worker. It wasn't embarrassing though.

lalasmama2007
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 5:08 PM

LOL!  I don't recall ever sending anything embarrassing.

AvantGardener
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 5:13 PM

Not an embarrassing text but a bad FB post once. I had recently left working for a company and a FB friend had become a home rep for the same company. She shared an advertisement and the woman in the ad was my old boss. I commented, "That woman is a real bitch" thinking that I was commenting on her wall, but the comment went to the picture which was on the company's FB page. I tried to delete it and my phone stopped working. I had to run down the stairs, start my computer, find the comment and delete it. I'm sure it only took a few minutes but it seemed like forever and I was mortified at who might have seen it.

countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:30 PM
Whoops, lol!

Quoting AvantGardener:

Not an embarrassing text but a bad FB post once. I had recently left working for a company and a FB friend had become a home rep for the same company. She shared an advertisement and the woman in the ad was my old boss. I commented, "That woman is a real bitch" thinking that I was commenting on her wall, but the comment went to the picture which was on the company's FB page. I tried to delete it and my phone stopped working. I had to run down the stairs, start my computer, find the comment and delete it. I'm sure it only took a few minutes but it seemed like forever and I was mortified at who might have seen it.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:07 PM
Me neither

Quoting lalasmama2007:

LOL!  I don't recall ever sending anything embarrassing.

MamaBearEH
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:35 PM

Haha... that's awesome.  I've never sent something like that before.

Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 10:55 AM

not embarrassing per say but I've sent a text to my neighbor Kirsten by mistake that was meant for a co-worker Kristine where I was offering to pick up coffee on my way back in the office ... then My neighbor was like : "I like coffee! I'll take one" 

I also did a reply all instead of just reply to my sales support clerk; which looped in my client on the e-mail - I've done that twice - One time I was calling my client a ding bat, the other time I listed all his requests and finished my e-mail by *sigh* .  woopsies.

countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 11:57 AM
It was NOT awesome, lol.

Quoting MamaBearEH:

Haha... that's awesome.  I've never sent something like that before.

countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 11:59 AM
Did your client figure out that you were calling them a ding bat?

Quoting Jinxed8:

not embarrassing per say but I've sent a text to my neighbor Kirsten by mistake that was meant for a co-worker Kristine where I was offering to pick up coffee on my way back in the office ... then My neighbor was like : "I like coffee! I'll take one" 

I also did a reply all instead of just reply to my sales support clerk; which looped in my client on the e-mail - I've done that twice - One time I was calling my client a ding bat, the other time I listed all his requests and finished my e-mail by *sigh* .  woopsies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)