Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Amazon Dash buttons

Posted by on May. 8, 2016 at 1:24 AM
  • 15 Replies

Anyone using them?

Everytime I log onto Amazon on my laptop, I see these little buttons and I thought they were supposed to be some kind of cute ad logo or something. No, they're actual buttons that Amazon sells for $4.99 each. You set them around your house and when you run out of something (say Tide washing powder or Doritos), you press the button and I ASSUME it automatically reorders that specific item. They have everything from household supplies to pet items like Greenies and kitty litter. It seems really cool but kind of a waste, no? 

by on May. 8, 2016 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmandaK84
by on May. 8, 2016 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Interesting...
bearyleaf
by Member on May. 8, 2016 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Imagine all the kids pushing it constantly over and over " mommy what does this do?" Lol
Mommy2Bri425
by Member on May. 8, 2016 at 1:30 AM

LOL! I know right! Getting Ice Breakers by the truck load.

**I just went back and read it again. They only respond to the first press. Any after that won't be counted until after the order is delivered.

Quoting bearyleaf: Imagine all the kids pushing it constantly over and over " mommy what does this do?" Lol

lalasmama2007
by on May. 8, 2016 at 1:36 AM

I've seen them on Amazon, but I'd never buy that. It seems silly to me and it would probably end up getting lost and I'd have to order it online anyway.

AllofFive19
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2016 at 1:40 AM
They confuse me.
Mommy2Bri425
by Member on May. 8, 2016 at 1:58 AM

Quoting AllofFive19: They confuse me.

I was confused at first, too. Then I went back (about 3 times) and read it until I finally understood the purpose was.

Mommy2Bri425
by Member on May. 8, 2016 at 1:58 AM

Kind of lazy...unless you live in an area where certain items that you like aren't available.

Quoting lalasmama2007:

I've seen them on Amazon, but I'd never buy that. It seems silly to me and it would probably end up getting lost and I'd have to order it online anyway.

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on May. 8, 2016 at 2:25 AM
Nope.
I read the reviews months ago (after always seeing them like you) and I think they would be a waste of money.
I don't need them to remind me when I'm out or almost out of something.
Sophie1106
by Paula on May. 8, 2016 at 10:55 AM

I had never heard of them before! But I just looked them up and sounds interesting. I don't think I'd use them though. I don't order stuff like that online. When I'm running low on anything, I just make a run to Target. But I guess they could be convenient for people who are really busy or don't have many stores near them?

KylesMom409
by Linnette on May. 8, 2016 at 1:06 PM
This

Quoting Sophie1106:

I had never heard of them before! But I just looked them up and sounds interesting. I don't think I'd use them though. I don't order stuff like that online. When I'm running low on anything, I just make a run to Target. But I guess they could be convenient for people who are really busy or don't have many stores near them?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)