Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I won't see my 2 oldest kids for a month

Posted by on May. 30, 2016 at 10:32 AM
  • 27 Replies
My nieces are driving out from Iowa July 1st. They are staying til the 4th than taking my 2 oldest back with them. They will be driving them out the first week of August.
by on May. 30, 2016 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jcm3
by Member on May. 30, 2016 at 10:35 AM
Why
princessmom2005
by on May. 30, 2016 at 11:45 AM
:( That sucks! Why are your nieces taking your kids for that long?
Sophie1106
by Paula on May. 30, 2016 at 12:12 PM
Aw that would be hard! But I'm sure they'll have a great time with family. My sils wants to take dd for a long weekend in July. Not quite as long as yours lol.
mom2acutiepie
by Member on May. 30, 2016 at 12:25 PM

I probably won't see my oldest for about that long this summer. He is driving up to Michigan with my dad for a few weeks and then hanging at my dad's house for as long as he likes. He goes to my dad's house every summer for about a month or so. It's a nice break for me and my dad loves having him. My youngest can start going as soon as she potty trains, my dad doesn't change diapers. LOL

acrogodess
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2016 at 12:26 PM
Yeah when we lived upstate I would send the kids down to NYC to visit my mom and other family for the summer. I missed the kids but they'd have a blast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mollyk124
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2016 at 12:38 PM
Woo hoo! Enjoy! Wait... Do you still have other kids?

Quoting kyledavidsmom: My nieces are driving out from Iowa July 1st. They are staying til the 4th than taking my 2 oldest back with them. They will be driving them out the first week of August.
Damali0812
by New Member on May. 30, 2016 at 2:48 PM

I dont see my kids for 10 weeks straight every year....i could handle a month easier then what i do yearly

grneyedormom
by Kendra on May. 30, 2016 at 3:21 PM
That's a normal event for me each summer since my kiddo spends time with her Dad for longer periods of time.
_Lynnsey_
by Member on May. 30, 2016 at 4:06 PM
My kids go to their dad's house for the summer every year. I miss them terribly but they always have a great time.
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on May. 30, 2016 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Because they want to take my kids. I drove and got my nieces every other year and brought them to Utah for a month.

Quoting jcm3: Why
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)