Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gag! The pre-teen stink begins!

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 4:11 PM
  • 15 Replies

My daughter has deodorant, but she hasnt actually needed it... until today. She came up and hugged me, and whoa! I told her going forward, she is to wear deodorant daily... starting immediately.

I thought she would slip into adolescence gradually, but its hitting her all at once! No wonder shes so moody all of the time. 

by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Proud-mama-05
by Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 4:15 PM
My oldest son is 11 and yeah he's really into the needing it phase. He doesn't always remember to wear it. When he hugs me I straight up tell him he stinks when he does. 😖😷
MasterJenJen
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 4:20 PM

Yeah, I not so nicely told her that she stinks and to go put on some deodorant. But then I remembered that this is all new to her. She told me it didnt hurt her feelings. I let her know we are going to go to the store tonight and she can pick our the scent and kind that she likes best. :D

Quoting Proud-mama-05: My oldest son is 11 and yeah he's really into the needing it phase. He doesn't always remember to wear it. When he hugs me I straight up tell him he stinks when he does. 😖😷

BeachLifeMama
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 9:14 PM
Sigh, I feel your pain! My 10 y/o is starting too and soon enough puberty will come. Today we went shopping for swimsuit and we had to go to junior section, no kids section anymore. Part of me was crying inside but at the same time happy. Time goes so fast.
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jun. 12, 2016 at 11:58 AM

lol

Supervane
by Member on Jun. 12, 2016 at 4:15 PM
Mine to, I went to the store looking for teen spirit only to find out they don't make it. I ended up taking a Tom's teen in wicked cool scent
andy80
by Member on Jun. 12, 2016 at 5:53 PM

Mine too!  I feel so bad for her.... I got her some good deoderant just a couple weeks ago and its helped tremendously lol

Sophie1106
by Paula on Jun. 12, 2016 at 7:20 PM
The other day my dd came and sat next to me on the couch and put her arm around me. I had the same reaction...whoa! Lol. She has deodorant but hardly ever wears it. She needs to start every day though!
lalasmama2007
by on Jun. 12, 2016 at 8:06 PM

Aww..I was wondering if they still made it...

Quoting Supervane: Mine to, I went to the store looking for teen spirit only to find out they don't make it. I ended up taking a Tom's teen in wicked cool scent

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Jun. 12, 2016 at 8:09 PM
I've heard of this, but never experienced it.
My boys start wearing deodorant around ten.
Alesha01
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2016 at 9:20 PM

My daughter started wearing deodorant around 11.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)