Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I had 4 interviews yesterday. LOL **UPDATES**

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 12:46 PM
  • 15 Replies

Just when I had given up home on EVER finding a permanent job I kept getting phone calls for jobs, I took off my Temporary job yesterday to do interviews.

1. First one was a phone interview for a job 10 min from home doing mostly things on the web and social sites. I have a face to face interview tomorrow at 2p so I am taking half day off from work.

2. Second was for another Temporary agency but it was in NJ the farthest I would travel is maybe 30 min from where I live. When I went there they only had temporary jobs to give me and I really need a temp to hire or Direct hire. They are suppose to get back to me with some options.

3. Third was an interview for a Roofing and Siding place. I was super excited to get this interview until the Manager was telling me they do not like people calling out of work, they do not believe any appointments should be scheduled during the day. She seriously said "We ask you for 8hrs a day, no OT since its a salaried position. You will work 8a-4:30p and we all leave at 4:30p. Plenty of offices now open offices on weekends and late nights. I do not like calling out and I do not like anyone leaving early. The only one that is allowed 2 weeks off is the Project Manager. No one else takes that kind of time off."  Yeah I have two kids, you never know whats going to happen and Hubby can't be expected to take ALL the time off.

4. Fourth was through the temp agency I am with now. It starts off with the lowest pay but its only 15-20 min away from home and the guy I interviewed with is VP of the business and co-owner. Seems super nice and easy to work for. The best part is he likes everyone to learn all aspects of a job so if someone is out no one is at a stand still. I am waiting to hear when he wants to meet for a 2nd interview with his co-owner. I'm super excited and its a temp to hire so as soon as I'm hired hopefully I will be able to make more.

**UPDATE**

I have 2 interviews this afternoon 2p I have the face to face from the phone interview on Wednesday and I have my 2nd interview from the 4th interview I had on Wednesday, this time with the other Co-Ownder. Very exciting stuff and of course I have a horrible cough and have been coughing up phlegm all day :(  Drinking tea hopefully I'll be fine.

The second interview today I was told it's between one other person and myself but so far I am the front runner!!!

by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 1:59 PM
2 moms liked this

best of luck !!! hope you get the job you want.

I understand employers being annoyed with appointments and what not but it's REALLY hard to never take off for an appointment when doctors and dentists also work 9 to 5.  Also a job with no vacation ever is just ridiculous.  I would have walked away from the interview. 

lalasmama2007
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck! I hope you find the right fit. 

Alesha01
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 3:31 PM

Good luck!

Sophie1106
by Paula on Aug. 4, 2016 at 4:23 PM
Good luck!
LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2016 at 11:00 AM

I have 2 interviews this afternoon.

Slavegirl13
by Member on Aug. 5, 2016 at 2:05 PM

Best of Luck!!

Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2016 at 4:21 PM

And ? did you land one of the jobs???

PinkButterfly66
by on Aug. 5, 2016 at 4:28 PM

Good luck!

liss05
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2016 at 4:45 PM

Good Luck! I hope you get the one you really want. :)

LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2016 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a second interview with the Temp to perm job on Friday and that didn't go to well. I started having a coughing fit in the middle of the interview and the interviewer seemed bored with me. I called my Temp agency today to see if they heard anything and apparently the asked for more people to interview because they have seen too many people like me. Whatever that means. Oh well.....

The face to face I had Friday as well went great, hoping to hear something by the end of the week. If not I will call them first thing next Monday.

Quoting Jinxed8:

And ? did you land one of the jobs???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)