Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me word this.... please

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:31 PM
  • 4 Replies
It's for a bday party. A message to another parent.

A little background. My daughter is having a bday this is her last big bday. After this one I'm drawing the line to only family gathering or dinners. She's in a unique situation where her classmates from 1st - 3rd grade have all been the exact same ones and will be from this point until 6th grade. So we're inviting the whole class to this one. In her class there is a child with the same bday as hers. Since 1st grade they've had bday parties on the same day. Last year we had an incident with the parent asking my husband on our potential dates and then asking me if we could change our date since our was at home, she was super polite about it and not at all rude but it still shocked me but I gave in and changed the time for our party. But I could tell she was somewhat annoyed that it was happening again, in the end most kids went to both. I just booked our swim club pool and want to let her know as a courtesy but don't Wana sound pushy or like a super bitch.

Help
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Sondi7
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:37 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd keep it super light and friendly and say something like, "hey Sarah! Just wanted to give you a heads up that we booked sam's party at xyz pool on sept 2nd. Sam would love it if it Amy could come. I know it can get tricky with them sharing a birthday. We hope to see you guys there! Invites are being sent out soon. Thanks!"

Or just send out the invites super early lol
anotherandree
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I think this is perfect.  

Quoting Sondi7: I'd keep it super light and friendly and say something like, "hey Sarah! Just wanted to give you a heads up that we booked sam's party at xyz pool on sept 2nd. Sam would love it if it Amy could come. I know it can get tricky with them sharing a birthday. We hope to see you guys there! Invites are being sent out soon. Thanks!" Or just send out the invites super early lol

Supervane
by Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:52 PM
I love it thank you so much I'm the worst at putting friendly messages together

Quoting Sondi7: I'd keep it super light and friendly and say something like, "hey Sarah! Just wanted to give you a heads up that we booked sam's party at xyz pool on sept 2nd. Sam would love it if it Amy could come. I know it can get tricky with them sharing a birthday. We hope to see you guys there! Invites are being sent out soon. Thanks!"

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:32 PM
I agree. :)

Quoting Sondi7: I'd keep it super light and friendly and say something like, "hey Sarah! Just wanted to give you a heads up that we booked sam's party at xyz pool on sept 2nd. Sam would love it if it Amy could come. I know it can get tricky with them sharing a birthday. We hope to see you guys there! Invites are being sent out soon. Thanks!"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)