• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When was the last time you went on a trip when it was just you and the kids?

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:24 PM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this
Tuesday morning DS and I are leaving for our very first "mom and son" trip. We are going to Georgia to visit my brother, SIL and their family. I'm looking forward to it.
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:27 PM
We kind of do everytime dh goes for work. It's just the kids and I except the evening/ night and we drive there separate.
Alesha01
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:54 PM

I have never gone on a trip with just my kids.

Sondi7
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:57 PM
I never have before but I am planning a trip to great wolf lodge this fall and would like to take him to Tennessee next year.
Elyssa414
by Member on Aug. 7, 2016 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Tomorrow- I'm taking my 3 boys camping!
lalasmama2007
by on Aug. 7, 2016 at 12:46 AM

My dd and I went and stayed with my inlaws for a few days a couple years ago.

lalasmama2007
by on Aug. 7, 2016 at 12:47 AM

Have fun!

Quoting Elyssa414: Tomorrow- I'm taking my 3 boys camping!

nebcutie
by Member on Aug. 7, 2016 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Every summer I do! Unless we visit my dh family he stays home.
blsdbyangel07
by Member on Aug. 7, 2016 at 2:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I've taken ds on a lot of fun day trips through out summer vacation. We live about 30/45 minutes from the beach so we go at least once a week to hang out at the beach for the day. I pack a picnic in case we get hungry. We usually stop somewhere to eat on the ride back home.

We've also gone to Frankie's Fun Park, Chuck E Cheese, a local water park, to the ZOO, summer festival, to the aquarium, we saw a few movies in the theater, gone on play dates with his friends, visited family, went to the bouncy and Air-U(trampoline), gone bowling and out to eat. Needless to say we've had a great summer. Plus we have a pool and trampoline so we've played and swam a lot the last few months!

We're going back for our last summer beach trip in couple weeks before school starts. Next year I'm planning on going a third with my parents and brother on renting a condo on the beach for the summer so we can take weekend trips instead of driving back so late!
Sophie1106
by Paula on Aug. 7, 2016 at 11:15 AM
We never go on long trips without dh. But we've been doing day trips together this summer while dh is at work.
princessmom2005
by on Aug. 7, 2016 at 11:41 AM
Wednesday evening (if my ex doesn't take her for visitation) or very early Thursday morning my mom, daughter and I are going to Indiana to visit my brother, sister-in-law and nieces.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)