Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi!!

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:39 AM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi, I just wanted to reintroduce myself.  I have been on CM for nine years, and in this group for a while too.  I have not been on much the last two, two and a half years.  Life just got, well it is life.  My name is Abby. I live in South East Colorado.  I am married to my Jr high sweetheart, for 8 years now.  We have two kids.  DD 9 a 4th grader, DS 7 a 2nd grader.  DH works for our local radio station (9 years now), I just went back to work as a massage therapist, I am even doing a little teaching. I was a full time house wife stay at home mom for six years (long hard fun rewarding wonderful six years).  Dh and I just went through a very hard separation and called a divorce off two days before it was finale (Leap Day, it would have been my grandparents' 76th anniversary), the judge singed the dismissal the day before.  I found a lot of truths out a long the way, let some old issues go, dealt with some of the anger towards my dad (still got more of that), and I have grown as a woman, a mother and even a wife.  I have a strong faith in God and relationship with my Lord Jesus.  I believe that these two things have carried my through all of the ups and downs life has seen fit to give me.  Over all I believe in love and forgiveness.

by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
abra
by Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome back. I'm a veteran CafeMom-er too, who just came back after a life-got-crazy break. The last couple years have been really difficult. Just marriage, moving, finding out my son has Aspergers and being diagnosed with PTSD and bipolar. I too, am a firm believer in Jesus Christ and strive to trust God with my life. I don't think I could have gotten through it without him. If it helps, my DH and I have been on the brink of divorce before (around 7 years of marriage) and we worked through it. We just celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary and our marriage has grown much stronger. 

adalynnsmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:00 PM

I am glad you and your husband were able to work things out.  We are rebuilding now, and it is not easy.  I hope you life has sattled down a little bit now and things smooth out. I am waiting for that here.

Quoting abra:

Welcome back. I'm a veteran CafeMom-er too, who just came back after a life-got-crazy break. The last couple years have been really difficult. Just marriage, moving, finding out my son has Aspergers and being diagnosed with PTSD and bipolar. I too, am a firm believer in Jesus Christ and strive to trust God with my life. I don't think I could have gotten through it without him. If it helps, my DH and I have been on the brink of divorce before (around 7 years of marriage) and we worked through it. We just celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary and our marriage has grown much stronger. 

countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:30 PM
Welcome back, both of you!
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:34 PM
Hi Abby! Welcome back!
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:34 PM

Quoting countrymomma81: Welcome back, both of you!
lalasmama2007
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 3:10 PM

Welcome back!

Alesha01
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:49 PM

Welcome back!

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Aug. 21, 2016 at 10:02 PM
Welcome back ladies! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)