• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is why Google is a bad idea

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:33 PM
  • 23 Replies

Over the weekend I came down with whatever seasonal illness is going around. I was running a fever, have swollen glands in my neck, and was really achey. Fever and body aches are gone but glands are still swollen and a little painful and I'm a bit tired. No biggie. I figure it's viral but if it isn't I'd rather go to the doctor sooner rather than later.  

So I googled the symptoms to see if I could get an idea of what exactly is going around. Google tells me that it could be HIV, lupus or some auto immune disease, mono, or cancer. I still have no idea what I might actually have, but I'm sure it's none of these things lol. But this must be exactly why every time I sneeze my mom tells me to go to the doctor.

by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AugustMomma
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this
WebMD always starts with Cancer also.
lalasmama2007
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, googling medical info sometimes isn't very helpful.

countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:49 PM

I used to drive myself crazy with that so I had to quit. 

Right now my current symptoms are: chronic fatigue, tingly arms and hands, edema in the lower extremeties, constant sweating and numb lips. 

Now, because I've been to the doctor I know that each of these things are certain ailments that don't pertain to the other. But, had I just googled that, I'd be terrified, lol. 

HEELSandDIAPERS
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:52 PM
Lol. I had to also stay away from googling things.

Quoting countrymomma81:

I used to drive myself crazy with that so I had to quit. 

Right now my current symptoms are: chronic fatigue, tingly arms and hands, edema in the lower extremeties, constant sweating and numb lips. 

Now, because I've been to the doctor I know that each of these things are certain ailments that don't pertain to the other. But, had I just googled that, I'd be terrified, lol. 

WILDCATGAL78
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:01 PM

Lol! My previous boss always went to WebMD to diagnosis herself. The rest of us office girls, used to have some good laughs about it. We've all told her to stay off WebMD. 

Quoting AugustMomma: WebMD always starts with Cancer also.

midjet117
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:07 PM
Could be tonsillitis
quickbooksworm
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:09 PM

Not likely. I don't have symptoms of tonsillitis.

Quoting midjet117: Could be tonsillitis

quickbooksworm
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL sounds like my mom too.  It doesn't help that she does have rare diseases.

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

Lol! My previous boss always went to WebMD to diagnosis herself. The rest of us office girls, used to have some good laughs about it. We've all told her to stay off WebMD. 

Quoting AugustMomma: WebMD always starts with Cancer also.

happyeverafter6
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:11 PM
The only time Google has ever been helpful was when I needed to have my gallbladder out. After 24 hours of pain I googled what organ is under right breast bone and it said gallbladder. Because of Google I went to hospital and was told I should of came in sooner and it could of ruptured at any moment.
joshsgirl12
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:12 PM
Maybe strep
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)