Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hit me with your favorite crock pot recipes!

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:30 PM
  • 13 Replies

We've been in a serious rut for dinners lately.  I'd love to use my crock pot more.  So what are your tried and true recipes?  

Thank you!

(Oh, and I'll probably post this in another group or two, so if you see it duplicated, feel free to ignore me.)

Dance Mom ~ CDH Survivor ~ Scoliosis Warrior

by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Here's a bump! I'm in serious need of new ideas too and I haven't used my Crock Pot in years, unfortunately.
MixedCooke
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

CHICKEN CHILI--grilled chicken, green enchilada sauce, a taco seasoning packet, cannelini beans, butter beans, navy beans, mix and cook on low for about 5 hours.  you can also add onions and yellow bell peppers for an added layer of flavoring.

Northern.Maple
by on Sep. 8, 2016 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this

About twice a month I do meatballs. We use use them for subs and they are great to freeze for a later date.

Chicken breasts deboned, lightly seasoned per taste. Place in the crock pot. Pour italian style tomatoes, I like to make my own but you can use canned. adding in some green chili's. My mom always made it just like this but I havea bit of a different taste to hers so I usually always add in some garlic and then red onion and fresh mushrooms a little pepper and italian season on top. I like to shred the chicken when it is done and serve over pasta with a bit of parm cheese. Cook on low for 6 hrs or on high for 3.

amandajean78
by Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Megs_Mom1
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 1:49 AM

That sounds good!  A little different, in a good way.  

I don't normall make soups/stews/chili while it's still summer, but I've been making exceptions recently because they're just so easy to throw in the crockpot.  

Are those beans dried or canned?  And how much of everything?  

Quoting MixedCooke:

CHICKEN CHILI--grilled chicken, green enchilada sauce, a taco seasoning packet, cannelini beans, butter beans, navy beans, mix and cook on low for about 5 hours.  you can also add onions and yellow bell peppers for an added layer of flavoring.

Megs_Mom1
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 1:54 AM

That's funny, we just had meatballs tonight.  But I'll admit, I'm a darn lazy cook and just got frozen ones.  They were actually pretty good though.  I just serve them plain with egg noodles, a side veggie, and/or rolls.  It's a quick, easy meal.  I'm all about easy cooking! 

The chicken sounds good.  I like that it's only 3 hours on high.  I have a tendency to forget to start crockpot meals earlier in the day and just three hours would give me some leeway.  Thanks!

About twice a month I do meatballs. We use use them for subs and they are great to freeze for a later date.

Chicken breasts deboned, lightly seasoned per taste. Place in the crock pot. Pour italian style tomatoes, I like to make my own but you can use canned. adding in some green chili's. My mom always made it just like this but I havea bit of a different taste to hers so I usually always add in some garlic and then red onion and fresh mushrooms a little pepper and italian season on top. I like to shred the chicken when it is done and serve over pasta with a bit of parm cheese. Cook on low for 6 hrs or on high for 3.

Megs_Mom1
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 2:01 AM

I have a beef stew recipe, but it's a lot different, so this would be a nice change, thank you!  (Mine uses ground beef, potatoes, corn, tomatoes, and pinto beans.)  

My dd doesn't like zucchini, do you suppose squash would be okay?  They're really similar, so I'd imagine they'd cook up the same, right?  They're not even that much different in taste to me, so why she likes squash but not zucchini, I have no clue.

Quoting amandajean78: http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/provenal-beef-stew

allycally
by Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 2:13 AM
Gumbo:we have jarred roux here not sure if its everywhere,if not you could look up how to make it.theres a good eats episode about it.
Add water and roux to stir until dissolved (it like 1/2 cup roux to a gallon of water,if you get jarred theres a recipe)-its easiest with very hot water,
add 1/2 cup of chopped onion mix(pictsweet or similar),season with seasoning salt (I use Tonys),
add raw seasoned cubed chicken breast,
add sliced or cubed smoked sausage.
cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.serve with white rice
MixedCooke
by on Sep. 8, 2016 at 2:16 AM

i call this my semi-homemade because I barely do anything!  A bag of those already frozen grilled chicken (I usually get the bag at Aldi, a large can (I think its 28 oz) of GREEN enchilada sauce, I use 1 or 2 cans of each of the various white beans and 1 packet of the enchilada sauce,  If i do the onion and bell pepper, I use one of each that I dice up small and cook lightly to soften up.  Literally just stir that all together and done!  Simplest and tastiest white chicken chili ever!  All can be bought at Aldi.  Serve with some tortilla chips.

I never understood how the weather outside made any difference as to what you cooked.  I live in South Florida so its basically hot all the time.  I still make chili, stews and soups regularly.

Quoting Megs_Mom1:

That sounds good!  A little different, in a good way.  

I don't normall make soups/stews/chili while it's still summer, but I've been making exceptions recently because they're just so easy to throw in the crockpot.  

Are those beans dried or canned?  And how much of everything?  

Quoting MixedCooke:

allycally
by Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 2:20 AM
Beef pwpper steak

1 sweet onino sliced
2 bell pepper sliced
1 packet of brown gravy
Beef roast about 2/3lbs sliced into 2×1in pieces or you could slice a round steak or sirlion.
2 table spoons soy sauce
Seasoning salt
1 clove minced

Marinate the beef in soy,seasoning, and garlic for up to overnight
Add beef with marinating liquid,brown gravy packet bell peppee and onion
Add 1/4 cup of water
Cook on low 6 hours
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)