Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are pantyhose still worn?

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:28 PM
  • 52 Replies

Okay, so I know that some people will always wear them, but do "normal" people still wear them? :)  

I have a business event and it's all day so I was wondering if people still wear pantyhose or is there something else that I am missing?

by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by on Nov. 29, 2016 at 3:20 AM
I never understood their purpose.
JamieBurke
by New Member on Nov. 29, 2016 at 3:44 AM
2 moms liked this

If my legs are showing which is often I will be wearing pantyhose or tights. Pantyhose cover up bruises, zits and hair because I hate shaving, basically they make your legs look good. Also I hate wearing shoes in bare feet. I heard that pantyhose sales are up again this year so I don't it's adnormal to wear them.

princessmom2005
by on Nov. 29, 2016 at 7:42 AM
I still wear them when I wear a skirt or a dress - mainly in the summer when I go to my brother's church.
quickbooksworm
by Member on Nov. 29, 2016 at 7:46 AM
Not where I live. The only time I see them is on someone significantly older. Tights in the colder weather but that's it.
Angel89411
by on Nov. 29, 2016 at 7:56 AM
Around here for work or church I see them. I wore them for work when I was working.
anotherandree
by on Nov. 29, 2016 at 9:51 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol. They give a more polished appearance and can work as "socks" in dress shoes. That's my biggest reason for wearing them is that I hate wearing any shoes besides sandals without socks or something.

Quoting MixedCooke: I never understood their purpose.
anotherandree
by on Nov. 29, 2016 at 9:52 AM
This is why I usually wear them but I hate wearing them all day and taking the chance of them running.

Quoting JamieBurke:

If my legs are showing which is often I will be wearing pantyhose or tights. Pantyhose cover up bruises, zits and hair because I hate shaving, basically they make your legs look good. Also I hate wearing shoes in bare feet. I heard that pantyhose sales are up again this year so I don't it's adnormal to wear them.

anotherandree
by on Nov. 29, 2016 at 9:52 AM
I always wore them with skirts but it's been awhile!

Quoting Angel89411: Around here for work or church I see them. I wore them for work when I was working.
anotherandree
by on Nov. 29, 2016 at 9:53 AM
That's what I'm afraid of! I think tights wouldn't look professional.

Quoting quickbooksworm: Not where I live. The only time I see them is on someone significantly older. Tights in the colder weather but that's it.
stykir
by Member on Nov. 29, 2016 at 9:55 AM
I don't wear them spring/summer/fall because I hate them. They make my legs look better but they're so uncomfortable and I always rip them anyway. I might go get some knee highs or thigh highs for this winter though. I just hate the way they feel around my waist
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)