Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gift for the couple who has everything?

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 4:47 PM
  • 22 Replies
We are supposed to by a gift for my sister and brother-in-law for our family gift exchange. It should be about $40. It's a secret Santa, so I can't ask what they want. They are super rich, and my BIL recently mentioned that they (he and my sister) don't buy Christmas gifts for each other because they already buy themselves whatever they want throughout the year. He has this massive display of electronic equipment surrounding his tv, and he will pay $1,000 for a $400 item just so he can boast about how much he spent. Sister is a bit more humble and was showing me these flamless candles she got at Target for $20 or something. I just don't know what to get them.... more flameleas candles? They don't have kids (well, their dogs are their kids). Their house is all exactly as they want it. Any ideas?
by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lstrickland
by Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this
An experience. Give them cooking classes or dance classes or a flight class. Groupon has a lot.
MixedCooke
by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 5:10 PM
A night of babysitting duty
mcmlxxxv
by Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 5:46 PM
For their dogs? Lol

Quoting MixedCooke: A night of babysitting duty
mcmlxxxv
by Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 5:46 PM
That's a good idea. I will look into that

Quoting lstrickland: An experience. Give them cooking classes or dance classes or a flight class. Groupon has a lot.
MixedCooke
by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 6:12 PM
Yeah so they can go away for the weekend and you can walk and feed them.

Quoting mcmlxxxv: For their dogs? Lol

Quoting MixedCooke: A night of babysitting duty
mcmlxxxv
by Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 6:46 PM
Oh, gotcha! My nephew (other sister's son) does that for them pretty much whoever they want, so I'm not sure it would be that special, but thanks for the idea.
PeppermintyTea
by on Dec. 12, 2016 at 1:05 PM
Yeah I'd say tickets to something or one gift certificate painting pottery or one of those date night art things.
Megs_Mom1
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2016 at 1:54 PM

I was going to suggest the same as a lot of these others - gift them a date night.  A gift card to the movies and a restaurant or something along those lines.   

countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2016 at 3:29 PM

It won't help this year, but when we do a pull name type of thing for Christmas, we have everyone list 4 things they'd like or gift ideas. 

We had to because for a while MIL was changing boyfriends so quickly we didn't have time to get to know any of them well enough to know what they liked. She's married now but her husband is like your BIL....he buys himself anything he wants. 

HappyMommyToo
by Member on Dec. 12, 2016 at 3:37 PM
I like this idea.

Quoting lstrickland: An experience. Give them cooking classes or dance classes or a flight class. Groupon has a lot.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)