Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To Print or Hand Write?

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 8:46 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm finally almost ready to send out my Christmas cards and letter! I want to have DH proofread the letter for me but it's all written up.

I am having a little dilemma though because I have my addresses formatted for labels but no labels. I was thinking about printing the addresses on plain paper then cutting them out and glueing or taping them on the envelopes because my writing has gotten messier and I hand-write slow.

Do you think it would look cheap and tacky to do that?

by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mcmlxxxv
by Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Do you have any pinking shears (the scissors that cut a fancy edge)? That would make it look more "on purpose" and cute
MixedCooke
by on Dec. 12, 2016 at 5:28 AM
Handwriting seems more personal. If they comment, just say you let the kids help.
carakitty
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2016 at 1:12 PM

I don't have pinking shears :(

The addresses are already printed out. Maybe I will use some of my cute little Christmas stickers to reinforce the cut outs and make it look  put together.

Thanks for the suggestions.

mommytoeandb
by on Dec. 12, 2016 at 1:30 PM
I hand write the addresses. I find the printed labels too businesslike.
Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2016 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this

no, just do it - seriously if the people you sent Christmas cards to are that petty ... then they are not worth receiving a Christmas card from you

carakitty
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2016 at 7:38 PM

I printed out the addresses and taped them on. They look OK.

Now I'm at the phase of folding the letter and putting in the picture of me and my DD.  DH/ her dad is a turkey and doesn't like being in pictures so he's not in it this year.

I will go back to sign the individual cards tomorrow and hopefully get them in the mail!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)