Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Savings and freebie apps/sites

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:30 PM
  • 8 Replies
I already belong to smiley360, house party, shopkick and retailmenot.

I had been a very loyal CVS shopper. But since our insurance no longer uses them I have to switch to either riteaide or Walgreens, which ever has the better rewards.

So what do y'all use? I enjoy this stuff. So even if it takes a few hours a week it's worth it.
Epically at this time in my life!
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
smorgan865
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:32 PM
I used to do the drugstore coupon game, but have been out of it for a few years...ever since the "extreme couponing" shows came out.

Check out iheartriteaid.com or iheartwags.com for info on their deals.
smorgan865
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:38 PM
Also, for apps check out Ibotta and checkout 51

I'd super appreciate it if you used my referral link for Ibotta :)
https://ibotta.com/r/jsag9a

(If the referral isn't allowed, I'll remove it)
mcmlxxxv
by Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:07 PM
I have a Walgreens reward card, but the sales/rewards/coupons at CVS are better. Still worth the Walgreens card though. You build points, and once you reach $5 worth, $10 worth, etc., you can take that amount off your purchase. It also is the only thing grhG makes Walgreens sales worthwhile, since the "with card" deals are often the only decadent deals. We don't have Rite Aid in my area.

I use Ibotta, and since I usually buy groceries at Walmart, I also use Walmart Savings Catcher.
Megs_Mom1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:37 PM

I use an app called Shopular.  It has ads and coupons for a lot of stores.  You can save a list of your favorite stores for fast searching.  

I used Walgreens the most, but only because it's the only chain pharmacy in my little town.  There's a local pharmacy that I also use, but I have a couple of medications that I have to take regularly and prefer to keep it at Walgreens in case something ever happens and I need to get it filled when I'm out of town.  

Walgreens has a pretty decent rewards program.  You get $5 off for every 5,000 points you accumulate.  You get a certain amount of points for however much you spend (I forget what it is exactly) and I think you get extra points for prescriptions.  Since I have a couple of prescriptions I have to take daily, my points rack up pretty quickly.  You can also let it accumulate.  Like right now, I have a $10 reward sitting in my account I can use on my next purchase.  I don't have to though, I can let it sit there and keep accumulating points until I'm ready to use it.  

anotherandree
by on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:02 AM
Target Cartwheel app
Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 10:11 AM

I have points cards for many of the stores I frequently shop at, I also search for online coupons at random sites often especially if we plan an outting or something and I have the flipp app on my phone.

single_mom_2015
by on Jan. 21, 2017 at 10:23 AM

What is smiley360 and house party?

mommaFruFru
by Member on Jan. 21, 2017 at 10:38 AM
Smiley360... you take short surveys tonsee if you qualify To try new products. They send you the product, or coupons. And then you have tasks you complete. Like make a FB post, share with friends, write a review...

And that gives you points. Points get you more surveys and options .

House party. You get all the supplies, and agree to invite so many ppl and let them use your pics and story.

Quoting single_mom_2015:

What is smiley360 and house party?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)