Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this normal

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 1:42 PM
  • 17 Replies

i had to have a c section with my son, and he is now 7 mos. old... is my scar still supposed to itch, and is it supposed tp still feel numb in that area still?? this was my first one, and i just wanna know if its normal

family car

by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AzariahsMother
by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 1:54 PM

I have not had a c-section but I know those take awhile to heal from.  Itching sounds normal to me.  Feeling numb guess I am not sure about that.  Have you consulted your physician?

Firewoman33
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 2:00 PM

I haven't had a c-section either but have had a large incision on my upper buttocks and back. That sounds totally normal to me. My incision areas felt numb for years. Are you putting anything on the scar? vitamin e, mederma...

I'd still call and talk to the doctor just to make sure, though. 

WILDCATGAL78
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 2:06 PM

I had a c section. My itched for a few months afterwards. I don't remember anything about the numbness though. 

grneyedormom
by Kendra on Mar. 20, 2017 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes to itchiness and yes to numbness. Your nerves are regenerating from being cut during the procedure. It can take about a year or so for you to stop feeling pain/pulling from the internal healing.
Sailor.Moon.Mom
by New Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 2:16 PM

From my first to my second it was 4 yrs, it still itched, and my youngest is now 16 months, it still itches.

wife-4-life
by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 2:17 PM
This.

It's normal. I've had 2 c-sections. It's been 4yrs since my last one and I still have a large numb area.
Put coconut oil on your scar. It'll help lessen the scar color and the itchiness.

Quoting grneyedormom: Yes to itchiness and yes to numbness. Your nerves are regenerating from being cut during the procedure. It can take about a year or so for you to stop feeling pain/pulling from the internal healing.
Sailor.Moon.Mom
by New Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 2:18 PM

Almost forgot!

Mine is still numb in some areas, and even after my 1st csection, it was numb in the same areas.

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Mar. 20, 2017 at 2:19 PM
I also have a seven month old like you.
Everyone is different, I have itchiness on my scar as well.
ayacocca
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 3:18 PM
Honestly, I'm still numb in areas around my scar; my youngest are 11.

The itchiness is a part of the healing is what I was told.
Medic729
by Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 4:56 PM

Itching is normal, and it could be numb in some spots the rest of your life because they cut through tissue, nerves, and muscle. I had a C-Section almost 7 years ago and there are spots that are still numb and I get those zapping sensations from time to time. It's all normal. Make sure you let it get plenty of air so it can heal properly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)