Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Summer reading ideas?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:08 PM
  • 12 Replies

Picking up some books for the summer in hopes that I have time to get through some of them.. Any reccomendations?

by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 9:24 AM

Anyting by Kristan Higgins is always a good read

2babymomma
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 9:26 AM
The Chemist by Stephanie Meyer
Behind Closed Doors by B.A Paris
Lily and the Octopus by Steven Rowley
WILDCATGAL78
by Gold Member on Jun. 6, 2017 at 10:51 AM

What type of books do you like? I like romance novels. Nora Roberts, Jayne Ann Krentz, Fern Michaels, they are more romantic mysteries. For feel good stories, I like Susan Mallery, Lauren Layne, Sydney Landon, Jennifer Dawson, Rachel Gibson just to name a few. 

Mrs_Sweet
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2017 at 11:28 AM
I just finished The Devil and Miss Prym by Paulo Coelho, and am reading Time of the Butterflies by Julia Alvarez.
SweetPea2004
by Member on Jun. 12, 2017 at 9:41 AM
I loved the movie, I need to read the book In the time of the butterflies

Quoting Mrs_Sweet: I just finished The Devil and Miss Prym by Paulo Coelho, and am reading Time of the Butterflies by Julia Alvarez.
ATLASMISSION
by New Member on Jun. 14, 2017 at 2:42 AM

Have a look at a few of our blog articles on how to improve your child's reading skills: https://www.atlasmission.com/blog/category/reading

Hope you find them useful!

KendallsMommee
by on Jun. 14, 2017 at 2:48 AM
Reported as spam.

Quoting ATLASMISSION:

Have a look at a few of our blog articles on how to improve your child's reading skills: https://www.atlasmission.com/blog/category/reading

Hope you find them useful!

ATLASMISSION
by New Member on Jun. 14, 2017 at 3:02 AM

Hi KendallsMommee - we certainly don't want to do anything that violates the rules of this forum, but can you help me understand how this is spam?

I may be wrong, but my understanding of spam in this context are messages that are designed to promote a product or service in a way that is completely irrelevant to the question asked by the original poster.

The original poster wanted ideas for helping her child read during the summer, and our blog posts provide lots of useful tips on how parents can help their kids improve their reading skills.

If the moderator of this forum still thinks that my message was inappropriate, I am happy to delete it.

Thank you.

MilfordMomma
by Member on Jun. 14, 2017 at 1:14 PM
I think the message was intended on promoting the website. My post was intended for summer reading books for me ;)

Quoting ATLASMISSION:

Hi KendallsMommee - we certainly don't want to do anything that violates the rules of this forum, but can you help me understand how this is spam?

I may be wrong, but my understanding of spam in this context are messages that are designed to promote a product or service in a way that is completely irrelevant to the question asked by the original poster.

The original poster wanted ideas for helping her child read during the summer, and our blog posts provide lots of useful tips on how parents can help their kids improve their reading skills.

If the moderator of this forum still thinks that my message was inappropriate, I am happy to delete it.

Thank you.

aj_mom
by Member on Jun. 16, 2017 at 4:20 PM

Jodi Picoult

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)