Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Officially allowed here lol

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:13 PM
  • 20 Replies
Well i have been 30 for 5 days now, so it's time to stop being in denial and embrace my 30s.
What do 30 year olds do? What do you do for fun? What kind of books do you like? What are your hobbies?
by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 9:24 AM

I'm a year and a half passed my 30s (I'm 41) so I'll let the 30 somethings answer that one for you

cupcake_mom
by Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 9:51 AM
Hahahaha. Ok well what did YOU do in your 30s

Quoting Jinxed8:

I'm a year and a half passed my 30s (I'm 41) so I'll let the 30 somethings answer that one for you

GlitterInTheAir
by Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 9:58 AM
2 moms liked this
I did the same thing I did in my 20s.
Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 10:27 AM

How depressing is it to think back and realize that was a decade ago for me *sigh* ... I worked full time, my daughter did extra curricular activities during the week and on the weekend which I was the one to do it with her, as far as hobbies back then I was big on scrap booking. I also was an admin on a mom site very similar to here but smaller (obviously) I got together with friends on a regular basis for dinners.  I cooked a lot, I loved getting my "Martha" on and hosting dinner parties.

After my divorce, things stayed the same except I had very limited time and I realized that it was time to focus on me for the first time in years, I dropped the mommy site, and did less and less scrap booking, I met my new husband with whom I shared a love of music, we started going to concerts together and have been doing it every since.  We also try something new every year (new place, new restaurant, new activity go to a new city) I still do a lot of cooking and we do host dinners once in a while.

Quoting cupcake_mom: Hahahaha. Ok well what did YOU do in your 30s
Quoting Jinxed8:

cupcake_mom
by Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 10:47 AM
I just feel so stuck in a rut

Quoting Jinxed8:

How depressing is it to think back and realize that was a decade ago for me *sigh* ... I worked full time, my daughter did extra curricular activities during the week and on the weekend which I was the one to do it with her, as far as hobbies back then I was big on scrap booking. I also was an admin on a mom site very similar to here but smaller (obviously) I got together with friends on a regular basis for dinners.  I cooked a lot, I loved getting my "Martha" on and hosting dinner parties.

After my divorce, things stayed the same except I had very limited time and I realized that it was time to focus on me for the first time in years, I dropped the mommy site, and did less and less scrap booking, I met my new husband with whom I shared a love of music, we started going to concerts together and have been doing it every since.  We also try something new every year (new place, new restaurant, new activity go to a new city) I still do a lot of cooking and we do host dinners once in a while.

Quoting Jinxed8:

Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

welcome to the adult life ... when you have kids, a husand and full time job, things are bound to get in a "rut" my DD is 13 now so is more and more independant which is great.  I can actually run to the store now and not have to bring her with me if it's a short errands and I'm not feeling it.  And being divorced, I do get a free weekend twice a month.  Sometimes we do nothing but it's awesome to have the power to go out and spontaneously do stuff too !  

Quoting cupcake_mom: I just feel so stuck in a rut
Quoting Jinxed8:

Quoting Jinxed8:

ChildOfTheLight
by Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

My hobbies and everything about me is the same now that I'm 32 as it was in my 20's. I'm no different and you should still do what you enjoy. 

jant232000
by New Member on Jun. 6, 2017 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this

In our 30s.  Well we take up knitting and go to bed by 9pm at the latest.  lol

I personally dont like drinking anymore (it just freaking hurts for too long) so we dont go out to bars.  Im super boring.  My kids aer older.  16, 13 and 10 so 2 of them are kind of on their own doing their thing.  I work and go to college full time so my hobby is sleeping.

Welcome to your dirty 30's!

Do whatever you want.  Just remember things hurt more now.  Your liver doenst bounce back as fast, things can go numb while you sleep and dont be surprised if you hear your joints creak.  :)

cupcake_mom
by Member on Jun. 6, 2017 at 9:26 PM
2 moms liked this
No joke I'm normally in bed around 9 hahaha.
Bear answer yet haha. Ty for making me laugh

Quoting jant232000:

In our 30s.  Well we take up knitting and go to bed by 9pm at the latest.  lol

I personally dont like drinking anymore (it just freaking hurts for too long) so we dont go out to bars.  Im super boring.  My kids aer older.  16, 13 and 10 so 2 of them are kind of on their own doing their thing.  I work and go to college full time so my hobby is sleeping.

Welcome to your dirty 30's!

Do whatever you want.  Just remember things hurt more now.  Your liver doenst bounce back as fast, things can go numb while you sleep and dont be surprised if you hear your joints creak.  :)

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Jun. 6, 2017 at 9:35 PM
Welcome to the group!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)