Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stitch Fix sucks!!! What is better??

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2017 at 1:25 PM
  • 6 Replies

My sister tried stitch fix, and 3 of the items she got were pretty perfect for her so I thought I would try it.  My sister is short and very curvy, I am very tall with not much curve at all.  Our clothing styles are COMPLETELY different. 

I got 3 of the same things she did!! I wasted a ton of time putting together a style board and took time to write detailed notes on the kinds of clothes I am looking for.  I think they just have a crap ton of clothes that wont sell and they are trying to unload them this way by claiming a stylist "picked" them just for you. 

Has any tried something that works better??  

by on Oct. 13, 2017 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
OctoberReign
by Member on Oct. 15, 2017 at 7:11 PM
I just signed up for Stichfix a few days ago 😔
momto2boys3215
by New Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this
My sister worked for them. That's not the case. It takes a few boxes to get your personal style. The first box is typically generic. Then as the stylist get to know you they send you some stuff you would never consider, to get you out of your comfort zone. But if you get e new stylist it starts all over again, so yes it can be frustrating, just like ahopping in the store.
ray229
by New Member on Nov. 17, 2017 at 12:17 PM

Did you like it??  I want to know about your experience!

Quoting OctoberReign: I just signed up for Stichfix a few days ago 😔

ray229
by New Member on Nov. 17, 2017 at 12:18 PM

Oh man, I wish I had the $20 to waste to try again!! I really liked the idea.  I need help in the fashion dept!

Quoting momto2boys3215: My sister worked for them. That's not the case. It takes a few boxes to get your personal style. The first box is typically generic. Then as the stylist get to know you they send you some stuff you would never consider, to get you out of your comfort zone. But if you get e new stylist it starts all over again, so yes it can be frustrating, just like ahopping in the store.

Mrs_Sweet
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2017 at 5:17 PM
Trunk club through Nordstrom.
letstalk747
by on Nov. 18, 2017 at 7:47 PM

Havent tried it, good to know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)