Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it Even Worth it??

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2017 at 1:01 PM
  • 19 Replies
So I just quit my job one that I loved dearly bc gave it up to be a stay at home mom so that my DH could accept a full time job at a hospital rehab center. We only have one car so I drive him to and from work.

I have started thinking about going back to college and finishing my teaching degree- which would take me about 3 years to finish. Or start over with a new degree in accounting.

Idk I’m 30 and have 3 amazing kids - 7, 3, and 2 months. Is it too late and I’m just wasting time or should I go for it?
by on Nov. 20, 2017 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Nov. 20, 2017 at 3:18 PM
It is never too late to further yourself! Which one calls to you?
OhSara87
by Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 3:36 PM

Mobile Photo

I’d say teaching bc the job I left was before and after school care with the local YMCA. I loved doing science experiments, teaching history (my parents were civil war reenactors), helping them master math skills they have been struggling with. I was even meeting with their teachers to find out what they were doing in units and worked on it as well.

We attempted to grow mold on bread by spreading germs all over it. It never did mold in 21 days after the expire date.

So the principal gave us permission to use the school laptops. Had the kids look up the brand ingredients— we used Wonder white bread.

They found out on their own that they put “preservatives” in their flour aka Anti-fungus powder - same used for Athletes foot and jock itch. And that it doesn’t start to show signs of growing mold until after 27 days past expiration.

Here’s a picture from one team playing the scrabble race

Quoting grneyedormom: It is never too late to further yourself! Which one calls to you?
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Nov. 20, 2017 at 4:23 PM
Then go for it! I was 32 when I graduated with my degree and currently have a great career that I started 8 1/2 years ago!

Quoting OhSara87:

Mobile Photo

I’d say teaching bc the job I left was before and after school care with the local YMCA. I loved doing science experiments, teaching history (my parents were civil war reenactors), helping them master math skills they have been struggling with. I was even meeting with their teachers to find out what they were doing in units and worked on it as well.

We attempted to grow mold on bread by spreading germs all over it. It never did mold in 21 days after the expire date.

So the principal gave us permission to use the school laptops. Had the kids look up the brand ingredients— we used Wonder white bread.

They found out on their own that they put “preservatives” in their flour aka Anti-fungus powder - same used for Athletes foot and jock itch. And that it doesn’t start to show signs of growing mold until after 27 days past expiration.

Here’s a picture from one team playing the scrabble race

Quoting grneyedormom: It is never too late to further yourself! Which one calls to you?
Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 11:41 AM

I say go with the teaching degree if you really want to go back to school, it'll help tons with your kids schedules for later.  You get Christmas break, spring break, summers off. 

OhSara87
by Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 11:44 AM
I was looking at one Community College and they have a fast track for Elementary Edu. Where I can I do 2 years in 15 months then go on to a 4 year near by and that’s how I’d be done in a little over 3 yrs

Quoting Jinxed8:

I say go with the teaching degree if you really want to go back to school, it'll help tons with your kids schedules for later.  You get Christmas break, spring break, summers off. 

mollyk124
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 11:46 AM
I’m 36 and plan on going back to school in a couple years. I’d say go for it!
Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 4:07 PM

If I had to do it all over again I think I would go into teaching as well ! 

Quoting OhSara87: I was looking at one Community College and they have a fast track for Elementary Edu. Where I can I do 2 years in 15 months then go on to a 4 year near by and that’s how I’d be done in a little over 3 yrs
Quoting Jinxed8:

Bellalee1
by on Nov. 21, 2017 at 5:26 PM

I would certainly encourage you to go for it. It's not too late and you are stil young in my opinion. I look back now and wish I had gone back to University for my Masters degree when I was in my thirties and not let excuses discourage me. I think teaching is a great choice and it sounds like you have a love for teaching which is great. Wish you all the best.

Mrs_Sweet
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 5:35 PM
I agree, it's never too late. Good luck!
rainiebelle
by Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 5:39 PM
I say go for it. Learning new things is never to late. Either or would he good because you can work from home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)