Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I just quit my job one that I loved dearly bc gave it up to be a stay at home mom so that my DH could accept a full time job at a hospital rehab center. We only have one car so I drive him to and from work.

I have started thinking about going back to college and finishing my teaching degree- which would take me about 3 years to finish. Or start over with a new degree in accounting.

Idk I’m 30 and have 3 amazing kids - 7, 3, and 2 months. Is it too late and I’m just wasting time or should I go for it?
by on Nov. 20, 2017 at 1:01 PM
Replies (11-19):
SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I am 36 and just went back to school last year. It is very worth it!

midjet117
by Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 11:25 AM

never too late. I'm 33 and was working towards my BA in Human Services, but quit because all that online work was too much. I still do plan on returing to school, but now is not the time. I know I found lots of other moms in their late 20's and early thirties taking college courses, working to recieve at least an Associates. My advice is do it, you'll be glad that you did. 

JamstAr08
by New Member on Nov. 25, 2017 at 9:31 AM

It is never too late!  I'd say go for it if it's what you want to do :).  

JamstAr08
by New Member on Nov. 25, 2017 at 9:32 AM

That's awesome!  Go Momma! <3.

Quoting SuperPickle:

I am 36 and just went back to school last year. It is very worth it!

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2017 at 9:33 AM
Its never too late to go back.
Just don't take a full load on at a time.
Melissa_anne
by Member on Nov. 26, 2017 at 6:09 AM

its honestly never too late. I am 35 and have a few years left to get my bachelors in psychology. after that im on to my masters

lovingladyo4
by New Member on Nov. 27, 2017 at 6:53 PM

People go to school at all ages. Make a list of all the pros and cons to each, and a calendar of time as to when and how this goal will fit into your family life, and how it will enhance your lives. It seems like there is a little bit of a tug-of-war going on inside you - so sit on this idea for a while and let some elapsed time settle your emotions. 

I think it is an admirable goal to pursue, for you individually and for your family as well. 

Watermom25
by on Dec. 5, 2017 at 2:28 PM

It depends on what you hold more dear...And if anyone has an opinion on this please comment.  Me persnally, I would take advantage of the time you have right now.  Being a stay at home mom is priceless.  

It always bafles me when moms have a dh that is willing to work full time and then some to enable their wives to stay at home with the kids and then that mom wants to go back to work.  I would kill to stay at home with my babies (4 and 7) but I can't.  

If you do go back I would recomend a teaching degree as rainiebelle mentioned because you can work from home.  

This may just be my opinion but I feel like it would be others as well.  

Good Luck!

OhSara87
by Member on Dec. 5, 2017 at 2:58 PM
I love staying home but I suffer from depression and anxiety and need some type of work outside the house to help maintain a balance. If that makes sense to you. The job I left I loved bc I worked 6am-9am and then 3-630pm

I am beyond thrilled that my DH was able to get a full time job away from his family and without any of their help. He is legally blind and had to fight for this new job. It’s FT and full benefits as he’s working at a rehab nursing home that is connected with a major hospital group in our city.

Quoting Watermom25:

It depends on what you hold more dear...And if anyone has an opinion on this please comment.  Me persnally, I would take advantage of the time you have right now.  Being a stay at home mom is priceless.  

It always bafles me when moms have a dh that is willing to work full time and then some to enable their wives to stay at home with the kids and then that mom wants to go back to work.  I would kill to stay at home with my babies (4 and 7) but I can't.  

If you do go back I would recomend a teaching degree as rainiebelle mentioned because you can work from home.  

This may just be my opinion but I feel like it would be others as well.  

Good Luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)