Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Younger

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2017 at 7:47 PM
  • 12 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Have you seen the TV Show Younger?

If you took time off from work to raise your children did you have a hard time getting back in the workforce?
by on Nov. 20, 2017 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I've never watched it but it looks good. I'd watch it if I needed a new show to start.

I had my first baby right after college so I put off getting a job for a while. It was difficult getting hired due to the gap between graduating and starting the job search. Once I did get a job, it took a few years of getting experience relevant to my degree before I got a more professional role and felt established in my career. It's a shame employers don't find being a sahm a good reason for employment gaps.
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Nov. 20, 2017 at 9:09 PM
I just discovered it on Hulu this weekend. I can’t believe it’s on its fifth season! I will catch up a few episodes at a time whenever I can. I watched the first four episodes yesterday.

Thanks for sharing.
It is a shame employers don’t find being a stay at home mom a good reason for employment gaps.

Quoting C.H.E.L.S.E.A: I've never watched it but it looks good. I'd watch it if I needed a new show to start.

I had my first baby right after college so I put off getting a job for a while. It was difficult getting hired due to the gap between graduating and starting the job search. Once I did get a job, it took a few years of getting experience relevant to my degree before I got a more professional role and felt established in my career. It's a shame employers don't find being a sahm a good reason for employment gaps.
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Nov. 20, 2017 at 9:14 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Nov. 20, 2017 at 9:18 PM
I just discovered this on Hulu.
I watched the first four episodes.
As I watched and Hulu automatically went on to the next episode on it’s own I thought this would be over after one season, not because it’s not good but because I didn’t think there was anything else to add.
I was surprised to discover the show is in it’s fifth season. I’m curious to discover what the next episodes and seasons will bring.
mrsniebo
by Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I haven't heard of this series before, but I may have to look into it.

I found out I was pregnant with my first when I was 23 and had recently been laid off. I haven't worked a regular job in nearly 8 years (just some work as an independent contractor) and will probably stay home for another nearly 6 years. It'll be interesting to see what difficulties I may face getting back into a regular job.
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Nov. 26, 2017 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this
A 40 year old woman stayed home to raise her daughter. Now her daughter is in college and she tries to get a job with no success.
She is able to get a job by passing for 26.
I’m only a few episodes in, I don’t know how she can keep this secret for five seasons!

(She got a fake ID and erased all her old social media accounts).

Quoting mrsniebo: I haven't heard of this series before, but I may have to look into it.

I found out I was pregnant with my first when I was 23 and had recently been laid off. I haven't worked a regular job in nearly 8 years (just some work as an independent contractor) and will probably stay home for another nearly 6 years. It'll be interesting to see what difficulties I may face getting back into a regular job.
WILDCATGAL78
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2017 at 1:00 PM

I need to catch up! I have seen the first two seasons.

BeautifulMomof1
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2017 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like it would be good . .

Quoting diaperstodating: A 40 year old woman stayed home to raise her daughter. Now her daughter is in college and she tries to get a job with no success.
I’m only a few episodes in, I don’t know how she can keep this secret for five seasons!

Quoting mrsniebo: I haven't heard of this series before, but I may have to look into it.

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Dec. 4, 2017 at 12:02 AM
It is so far.

Quoting BeautifulMomof1: Sounds like it would be good . .

Quoting diaperstodating: A 40 year old woman stayed home to raise her daughter. Now her daughter is in college and she tries to get a job with no success.

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Dec. 4, 2017 at 12:07 AM
Her best friend knows, she helped with her makeover.
She hasn’t even told her daughter.
I’m curious if anyone ever finds out.
I will catch up when I can.

Quoting BeautifulMomof1: Sounds like it would be good . .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)