Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

thinking to try IVF

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2017 at 11:00 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hey everyone, how are you all? I want to ask many questions as I am surrounded with problems and stress. Not actually for me but of my best friend. She is 37 and got married a year before. She is ttc since she get married. She is thinking of IVF because it's been a year. Her motherin law is against. Now the couple is thinking to try IVF with ou telling in laws. What should they do? Please help out her. She is so much worried. More worried are her parents. Stay Blessed. Take care.

by on Dec. 6, 2017 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
K3412
by on Dec. 6, 2017 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Whatever she decides to do, it should be because it’s the best choice for her and her husband. Neither of their parents should be involved in the decision at all.
stargazerwolf
by New Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 12:05 PM

First, have they been tested to see what is going on with each of them? Maybe its something they can fix so they can still do it naturally. IVF from what I hear is super expensive and tons of work. I'd be doing some testing before considering that. If it happens that the only solution is IVF, then they should do it. They don't have to tell anyone how their baby is conceived anymore than someone doing it the old fashioned way says what position they were in...honestly its no ones business outside of the couple.

browncoat
by Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Why jump straight to IVF? Usually they’d do some testing and go from there. They may just need something like IUI or meds to help her ovulate, depending on what’s going on.

But if they do need IVF, I dont think it’s anyones business but theirs!
midjet117
by Member on Dec. 9, 2017 at 9:22 AM
Well as with anyone ttc, it doesn't always happen on the first shot. It took me 2.5 years to conceive with my youngest. I get it though she's not getting any older but IVF can be costly and it's not always a guarentee.
Mrs_Sweet
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2017 at 6:26 PM
Why is her mother against it? This is not really something that strangers can decide for you. I understand wanting to go for ivf at this point.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)