Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

There has to be a way to make it stop!

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2018 at 3:15 PM
  • 7 Replies
I definitely came into this marriage with baggage and there has been some rough patches that have created unstable history and major trust issues. I don't want to be insecure anymore, I don't want to freak out over the littlest things, I don't want to wonder all the time, I don't want to be suspicious all the time. I just want to be. There has to be a way to make all this stop.
by on Jan. 16, 2018 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Jan. 17, 2018 at 5:16 PM
What have you and your spouse done together to improve your communication with each other?
roseofmyheart85
by New Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 10:15 PM

I am sorry you are going through this.    Have you tried talking with your husband about your concerns and how he can assist?  Have your considered reaching out to a professional to help you navigate your situation?  They should be able to help you sort through your feelings as well as give you suggestions on some great programs that might be available to you.  If I will be praying for you. 

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 7:28 PM

There's a very old, yet very good book called After the Affair. If you are dealing with cheating in the past or present it can help you navigate the storms that continually pop up.

midjet117
by Member on Jan. 31, 2018 at 10:33 AM

time, and communication. My husband and I have been married for 13 years and there have been times when we both have been ready to throw in the towel but we're so damn co-dependant on each other that it's just not possible lol. Maybe try a counselor for either marriage counseling or individual counseling if it's not your husbands thing. 

Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2018 at 9:34 AM

you have to bite the bullet and let go sometimes.  I also walked into my second marriage with a lot of baggage, and my DH did too.   I had been cheated on by my first husband who was also very controlling.   DH had an iffy history with relationships.  But you can't live your life worrying and wondering all the time.  I let go.  There's no other way otherwise you make your life miserable.

Nicholy10
by Member on Feb. 15, 2018 at 4:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you considered marriage counseling? Maybe even individual counseling?

LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2018 at 10:36 AM
Definitely get some Counseling. Both Marriage and Individual
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)