Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Laundry Help From Experts

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:16 PM
  • 8 Replies

Ok, Ive been doing laundry for multiple people for a decade now and I think I'm missing some tricks. 

Stains - It doesn't matter which product I try, I cant get stains out. Does anyone have a trick? For instance, my husband works in lawn care and his green shirts always have dirt marks on them and I can't seem to get them out. I've tried Oxyclean (directions on the side of the package). 

Kids clothes always end up with food stains and I can never get it out.

Any tips would be gladly accepted!

by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Momof4156
by Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:12 PM

I buy armenhammer baking soda detergent and it helps me they sell it in family dollar its all purpose cleaner. i would just try pouring some on the stains and letting it sit. Then put your clothes in the wash and pour more of the detergent. 

floridamomtres
by Member on Apr. 17, 2018 at 7:48 AM

Ok I can certainly give that a try. I actually have some in my garage that I purchased by accident mistaking it for the other baking soda LOL. 

Thanks!

Quoting Momof4156:

I buy armenhammer baking soda detergent and it helps me they sell it in family dollar its all purpose cleaner. i would just try pouring some on the stains and letting it sit. Then put your clothes in the wash and pour more of the detergent. 

princessmara
by on Apr. 17, 2018 at 7:52 AM
2 moms liked this
For grease stains put dish soap on the stain before you wash it. Blood stains use peroxide.
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Apr. 17, 2018 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Specifically original Dawn dish soap.

I use Spray-n-wash for stubborn stains and can usually get them out. You have to let it set though. Also spraying with stain treatment and then soaking in Oxyclean for a few days helps.

Quoting princessmara: For grease stains put dish soap on the stain before you wash it. Blood stains use peroxide.
cupcake_mom
by Member on Apr. 17, 2018 at 8:45 AM

Mobile Photo

You need this. Just a little bit on the stain and rub in with a tooth brush. My hubby is a mechanic and this is the only thing gets his grease stains out. Works great on grass stains too. My ball pants were always nice and white
floridamomtres
by Member on Apr. 17, 2018 at 10:26 AM

oooh ok, I'll look for that. Probably Walmart I'm guessing? 

Quoting cupcake_mom:

Mobile Photo

You need this. Just a little bit on the stain and rub in with a tooth brush. My hubby is a mechanic and this is the only thing gets his grease stains out. Works great on grass stains too. My ball pants were always nice and white

B3autifulCha0s
by Member on Apr. 17, 2018 at 10:29 AM
I use Dawn dish soap for grease stains and a Fels Naptha bar for other stains.
cupcake_mom
by Member on Apr. 17, 2018 at 2:08 PM
maybe I'm not sure because I buy Mine by the case on Amazon LOL

Quoting floridamomtres:

oooh ok, I'll look for that. Probably Walmart I'm guessing? 

Quoting cupcake_mom:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)