Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This guy gives me the creeps kinda like a serial killer.

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hubby and I have a business. I don't want to give too many details for anonymity reasons but, essentially when this guy needs work done he calls and hubby goes out. No big deal...

He's what I find weird...

When he calls to make an appointment, he chats me up hardcore. It starts out professional and then he tends to get into personal stuff and it makes me oddly uncomfortable. It feels like he's fishing for something. At first, I thought he was single. That's how chatty he was but, he "says" that he's married. 

Weird thing # 2. He talks about his wife A LOT and not in an "I love my wife a lot" sort of way. Its more of an "my wife is a capital B and is in charge of everything I do and say". He always says "I have to ask my wife" "my wife wants this" "my wife wants that". He NEVER says "I want" "I like" etc.... We've never met her because supposedly she works nights as a nurse. We aren't allowed to knock on the door and we aren't allowed to do any work before 10. 

Weird thing #3. We've never met his wife which is strange because at some point we always meet the spouse. That's not even the strangest part, the last time hubby was there, we needed the guy to make an executive decision about something and he said: "hold on let me ask my wife". He runs to the front door, opens it yells to his wife "hey honey, they are wanting to know if........" my husband said there was dead silence but yet the guy answered back "right, ok. I agree" and then he adds "I love you too". Hubby was close enough to the door to hear the conversation and he said that he NEVER heart another voice, woman or otherwise.

This could all be innocent but, my senses are tingling that he's hiding something. Hubby usually tells me im being silly or watch too many movies but he agrees on this one. 

by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
floridamomtres
by Member on Apr. 17, 2018 at 3:59 PM

bump

stargazerwolf
by Member on Apr. 17, 2018 at 4:10 PM

Maybe he's crazy or has alzhemiers and thinks his wife is there but she died...Maybe he has split personality and his wife and him are the same person...Idk it does sound a bit odd. Chatty on the phone, not a big deal, I deal with a lot of people that way, some are just overly friendly. The rest is a bit odd.

floridamomtres
by Member on Apr. 17, 2018 at 4:36 PM

hmm never considered split personality. I dont think its Alzheimers because hes mid to late 30's but if it is alzhemiers it would be a bit worrying. 

I dont know..... something in my mind is saying that something is not right with this guy.... 

Quoting stargazerwolf:

Maybe he's crazy or has alzhemiers and thinks his wife is there but she died...Maybe he has split personality and his wife and him are the same person...Idk it does sound a bit odd. Chatty on the phone, not a big deal, I deal with a lot of people that way, some are just overly friendly. The rest is a bit odd.

4Lildoodlebugs
by Member on Apr. 21, 2018 at 3:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe ask neighbors?? Without him knowing....

Or if you can some how do a background check on him and maybe a police record??
floridamomtres
by Member on Apr. 21, 2018 at 1:05 PM

Ironically we actually know his neighbor and he says that he has never seen anyone else at the house

Quoting 4Lildoodlebugs: Maybe ask neighbors?? Without him knowing.... Or if you can some how do a background check on him and maybe a police record??

PeacefulPoet
by Member on Apr. 28, 2018 at 11:23 AM

Are you still in Florida or is that an old SN?

We get all the looney's here in FL. I would just chalk it up to a mental issue and let it go. Does it matter whether or not wifey exists? 

Anonymous37
by Member on Apr. 28, 2018 at 4:28 PM
If you are that uncomfortable, don’t do business with him. Trust your gut . Esp with Floridians (no disrespect) I moved to Florida from up north and I stay clear of most of my neighbors, some are a fruit loop away from being Tuscan sam.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)