Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tell me...was the newest Harry Potter film worth the wait?

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2009 at 3:57 PM
  • 11 Replies

Tell me...was the newest Harry Potter film worth the wait?

by on Jul. 15, 2009 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kj2009
by on Jul. 25, 2009 at 7:01 PM

I thought it was amazing.  Too scary to take my daughter too, but just right for me.

(note I didn't read the book, so I can't tell you how it matched)

Slieurance
by on Jul. 25, 2009 at 7:35 PM

My husband and I really liked it. It is a carry over movie though. There is no real conclusion. It does make you want to see the next movie right away.

tnbeth1972
by on Jul. 25, 2009 at 9:11 PM
2 moms liked this

I am a HUGE fan of the Harry Potter books. I've read them all at least twice. I know, I'm a geek. But anyway...throughout the movie, all I could think about was how this scene didn't even  occur in the book or how this other scene was different than the book. My dh liked the movie, but I was disappointed. Of course I'll still buy it when it comes out, I have to have the whole set!

Pure Romance by Beth Kelly

www.bethkelly.pureromance.com

We put the "O" back in Romance!

adme
by on Jul. 26, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Having read all of the books and recently rereading #6, I felt like they changed too much.  I don't see how anyone could completely understand the story just by this movie.  I thought it was a good movie but just not all that close too the book.  I love this story and will continue to be a fan. 

Meg38
by on Aug. 16, 2009 at 4:37 PM

As a movie it was good. When compared to the book (as with most of the Potter movies) it just doesn't compare. I even re-read the book in preparation for the movie. Personally, I haven't liked any of the movies since #2 when compared to the books. I thought the first two movies captured more of the feel and/or story than any of the others. I also agree with others that get annoyed when they add scenes to the movie that never happened in the book. The stories are so wonderful that I don't believe you need to add anything to them. I suppose I'm a purist (as my husband calls me)!

booksandbones
by on Aug. 22, 2009 at 9:47 AM

If you don't read the book it's a bit hard to follow. I took my husband and he thought it was too jumpy and that he "kept walking in on conversations that already started". Being a huge HP nerd, it was a bit disappointing. They left things out and added things that weren't necessary. The end scene on the Astronomy Tower didn't pack the same punch as in the book. I was kind of disappointed.

bellsma
by on Sep. 10, 2009 at 10:47 PM

I agree. I kept thinking, that's not how they did it in the book!  But I love the books and love the movies.

payzlee
by on May. 5, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I love all things HP. The books, movies. I can't get enough!
sdgd21
by Diana on May. 5, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Wow I am very lost, I did not know there was a new one. We don't Cable, I guess that is why.
jackiewal10
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 11:27 PM

There isn't.  This OP is from 2009.

Quoting sdgd21:

Wow I am very lost, I did not know there was a new one. We don't Cable, I guess that is why.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)