Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Breakfast on the go!

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2009 at 10:17 AM
  • 12 Replies

So I have a fifteen year old and a ten year old. The older one is starting high school and will be taking the bus rather early in the morning. The ten year old I will drop off at school (30 minutes away) everyday on the way to work. My question is... what are some breakfast ideas we can take and eat on the run? You can only eat so many poptarts, granola bars, etc.. etc... I'm all about grabbing a piece of fruit and all but it just doesn't seem like enough. I eat oatmeal when I get to work every morning without fail. I feel guilty handing my sons a granola bar and expect that to carry them until lunch.

Any ideas?

by on Aug. 19, 2009 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
callansmomma
by on Aug. 19, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Breakfast burritos, sausage biscuits, cereal without the milk.  If they are careful you can do waffle sticks (my mom has a waffle iron that makes them) and dip them in syrup.  Fruit always works as will yogurt drinks.

Are you done with one?  Is your one a boy?  Want to chat with other Moms who are raising the only boy?  Then check out the group  Raising the Only Boy - CafeMom

Please ask me about car seats and how your child can be safer in one.  I am now a CPS Tech (car seat tech).

Charmed7up
by on Aug. 19, 2009 at 12:57 PM

What about a cold bagel with cream cheese. I lived off of that when I was in H.S. Does the schools offer breakfast? My son's elementary school did in CA and my Highschool in CT did. My only other suggestion is to wake up earlier. :) It's what I had to start doing just so I could get the dishes done and a load of laundry in the washer.

I would just walk up and down the grocery aisle and see what you can find.

GL

Charmed

~30 year old Mom with SAD~
~
10 year old boy with Type I Diabetes, Bipolar Disorder and Skin Disorder~
~3 year old girl who is uncannily healthy~
~Married for 7 years to an adoring man~

MommaCita31
by on Aug. 20, 2009 at 10:26 PM
My ds eats breakfast often on our 20 min a.m. Route also. He really likes cinnamon or orange rolls (only takes 10 min to bake) pillsbury. I just cut into pieces and put in a cup or on a plate with diced fruit. On hurried mornings, I make him breakfast hot pockets- although they're full of preservatives, they do have protein + calcium. And they are ready in 2 minutes:)
Freckleface78
by on Aug. 21, 2009 at 5:46 PM

My family loves toast, bagels with cream cheese and (make ahead!) cinnimon rolls.  An egg sandwitch is also pretty quick, but you can easily make the eggs the night before and nuke it while you pop some english muffins in the toaster.

staciarn
by on Aug. 21, 2009 at 9:58 PM

There's also frittatas that you can stuff with just about anything...cheese, meats, veggies.  I have eaten them hot, warm and room temp and enjoyed them.  I usually cut them up in pie shapes and they hold together pretty well...I would think they would car travel well especially with older kids.

FDwifeand3boys
by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 10:21 AM

Don't laugh but I do a breakfast bake in the crockpot and it is ready before everyone heads out the door- also sometimes I do a cheesy hashbrown style bake- O so Yum- if you want recipe let me know

MommaCita31
by on Sep. 10, 2009 at 10:42 PM
Just a quick note- oatmeal via car ride is officially null and void as of today. Lol! No problems the past 6-7 time but 2day we had 2 change clothes when we got 2 school. Hey, I shouldh've known better! Haha:)
MommaCita31
by on Sep. 10, 2009 at 10:42 PM
Just a quick note- oatmeal via car ride is officially null and void as of today. Lol! No problems the past 6-7 time but 2day we had 2 change clothes when we got 2 school. Hey, I shouldh've known better! Haha:)
llee815
by on Sep. 11, 2009 at 9:23 AM

You can make Jumbo Breakfast Cookies. They have nearly everything you could normally have for breakfast and the recipe is so versatile you can easily change the ingredients for a different taste. The cookies contain peanut butter, oatmeal, Cheerios (any flavor), then you can add 1 1/2 cups of anything. You can mix anything from chocolate chips, raisins/craisins, or nuts. They're really good and it tricks my daughter into thinking she's eating a bit of junk food for breakfast.

Leslie

Dolphinangel76
by on Sep. 11, 2009 at 9:30 AM

Try P-nut butter or cream cheese bagels, cheese sticks. Egg muffins (they are basicly scrambled eggs with bacon or sausage, onions or whatever you want to add baked in muffin tins) I pop them in the freezer for later & nuke em just before we leave. Breakfast sandwiches are great too or breakfast burritos. For the breakfast sandwiches I toast & butter an english muffin top it with scrambled eggs, bacon or a sausage patty or canadian bacon & a little cheese & then top it with the 2nd slice. Yum.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN