Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeding

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2009 at 12:18 PM
  • 3 Replies

At 4 month I can give him rice cereal? What kind? What flavor?

by on Sep. 3, 2009 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
earthy_mama
by on Sep. 3, 2009 at 6:57 PM

I would talk to you doctor before starting on solids.  But they usually recommend to start between 4-6 months depending on the baby.  Can he hold himself upright without totally flopping over?  That's a good indicationn.  Start with the rice, just a tablespoon or so to start, and make sure to water it down a lot until he gets used to it.  Before you try any other foods make sure that he's not having a rxn to what you gave him... unusual fussiness, etc.  You should wait several days before trying the next food.  Usually the progression goes from the cereals to fruits/veggies then meats. Go slow with it... remember his body has never had solid food before and his body will need time to get used to the change.  

Live, Laugh, Love

FDwifeand3boys
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 6:34 PM

I start my babies at 5-6months currently my 5month old is on oatmeal and I start with yellow veggie group- ofcourse consult with pedi and always do what you think is best

oliver92
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:23 PM

I personally think 4 months is too early for solids.  What babies need is moms milk or formula.  they dont need solids.  but its just my personal opinion that is can cause digestive issues and weight issues.  I would consult a ped or a dietician.  none of my boys had solids until 1 year atleast.  if he is still hungry offer more milk. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)